Chapter 36 - The Shower ✝️

Finding true love is like diving for a natural pearl. What are the odds of finding it in your lifetime?

For some people, those thoughts were wonders that scared them, including me. I used to be one of those people too. Those walks I had every morning, those individuals that walk passed me, other passengers that shared the same tube with me to work—they made me think about how many of them actually had found, or had been with their true loves. How many of them got married just for the sake of settling down and starting a family? How many of them have tried everything with so many different people even though they don't feel the same way? How many of them genuinely think that they are in love with someone, and that is more than enough?

But still, I didn't get those questions in my head from other influences, though, they came from someone who was so dear to me instead; my mother.

She was a bright, full of positivity type of woman. There was no fair judgement for me to state how much I adored her, until I looked in the mirror and wished I was her every single time. My mother was one of those people who never got the chance to meet 'the one'. A man she loved with her whole heart was given to her by her parents, and she honestly thought he was enough. The fact that she never complained about not being able to make decision for her own self was what amazed me about her, apart from her loving soul.

Nevertheless, I guess I would never be like her because I was different.

Up to this point, I thought destiny had always been different for me. I was determined and certain of what I wanted...who I wanted. I had always been free to choose, working on my future and loving someone of my own choice. I had met my true love, unlike other people out there that weren't as lucky. No matter how long it had been or how many set of universes fate had separated me from my woman, I still met her somehow...somewhere.

"Lisa!" My laughter had gone silly as I threw myself in her arms, slapping and pinching her back. "You said you would close your eyes!"

"You didn't tell me you would turn!" She still sounded so playful even in attempt to defend herself. "I didn't even look at your chest, baby"

"Really?"

"I swear I didn't," She whispered this time, slowly convincing me along with her soft strokes on my naked body. "I'm so sorry baby, please don't get upset"

I chuckled and snuggled into her neck instead of focusing on my shyness.

"I love you, Lisa"

"I love you too" She rewarded me with kisses on my hair. "I love you so much..."

I wished her words worked like they were supposed to; calming and comforting, but I felt differently this time. It was because of her palms that had travelled down, being gentle at first for me to get lost in until they grasped my bottom and took my breath away.

Catching her wrist, I tried to stop her with a slight panic in me.

"Lisa..."

"We haven't showered yet, baby..."

I forced my eyes shut once I heard her, letting go of my grip on her hand and tightening my arms around her neck again. Lisa was right when she reminded me about the shower since we had been in here for quite some time, and we still hadn't done that one thing we were supposed to do. And every squeeze of her fingers felt so weighty for my chest, returning all the sensations I had experienced earlier as if I wasn't overwhelmed enough. The aftermath was still lingering around, yet she managed to cause me another wave of amusement.

"Chae?" Her soft voice called me out. "Can I please wash you now?"

"I-I don't know, Lisa" I stuttered, feeling anxious in a heartbeat.