Chapter 46 - The Cross II ✝️

"Lisa?"

"Yes, baby?"

"Are you going to be long?"

"I'm not sure about that yet," I smiled as I pushed the door grill for Chae to lock it from inside. "I will send you a message later on, is that alright?"

"Messages," She crossed her arms after she pulled the key out, pouting. "Send me messages, please?"

"Messages, I will send you messages" I corrected my sentence earlier to match with Chae's needs. "I have to go now, baby. Take care and don't open the door for anyone except me"

"Sure, my love" She leaned against the metal frame, hands holding in between the bars. "Come back fast. And be careful"

"Chae, it's you who I'm worried about" I teased. "Who knows what you might do in the house alone? You might burn the stove"

"Lisaaa..." She began to whine, dragging her voice with a frown across her forehead. "It's almost dinner time. Are you really going to see Nick?"

My mouth opened, letting out a low gasp while my eyes that were looking at my girlfriend, widened.

"Baby!" I kissed one of her hands before she held my face with it. "Of course I'm going to see Nick," I chuckled. "You know me. You are just worried, that's all. Don't let it gets in your mind"

She sighed in defeat. "I love you, Lisa"

Her eyes watered all of the sudden. Even her nose just turned red, and her lips started to tremble. That was when I knew she wasn't playing. She really had some serious worries that were bothering her at that time as if she could feel something about me leaving her.

"Hey, baby?" I took her hand that was grasping my head, giving it more kisses on the palm and continuing to each finger of hers. "I'll be back to you before 10p.m. okay?"

I knew I shouldn't have promised her anything, or tell her any specific time for it. Even I wasn't sure if I could make it. Everything was still unknown to me and I was about to gamble my own life on the table. But I just couldn't see her tears; let them be hanging in her eyes or falling on her face. Neither one was any better than another.

Tears were just tears. And I hated to see them hurting my Chae.

Nodding, she forced a smile on her face. "I'll be waiting, jag"

"Thank you, baby. Be careful with the cooking later and just eat first if you're hungry" I replied her smile softly with a hope that she would get the peace I wanted her to have. "I love you too, Chae..."

I took a few steps away from her at first just to make sure if she was at least fine before I ran towards the elevator, pressing the button roughly and I shove my hands into my long jacket.

I could still see Chae's figure from the corner of my eye as she was waiting for me to leave. My heartbeat had been racing ever since I was about to leave the apartment, and having her staring at me wasn't helping at all. That felt like the longest wait for an elevator to arrive I ever had to endure, so I just hoped that I would manage to leave before Chae could spot something odd.

And I was saved when the metal door right in front of me, opened.

I reached Nick's place after half an hour of taxi ride, getting in his apartment with droplets of rain stained my jacket since it was London. There was nothing else to expect than light rains and upset weather.

He got the same worries in his eyes that I saw in Chae's earlier and to be completely honest, I was worried too. In fact, I was the one who had the worst nervousness in my chest at the moment but I just refused to think too much about it. I wouldn't want my confidence to get thinner, distracting myself with unnecessary stuffs as if having no time to properly plan my own plan wasn't enough to shake my bravery.