Chapter 26 - The Conditions

❤ 100k reads special — thank you so much for all the support! ❤

I thought I was ready since my heart had known it; a kiss that I called hers—so desirable, so dreamy, so... Isaac.

Her lips. I thought I was ready for her lips. Back in those days that I invested with my girlfriend, listening to her talking and yelling, you could assume that I had gotten used to those lips that witnessed everything. I had always kissed her, day or night, happy or upset, bubbly or angry—I kissed her anyway. I had always asked for it. That made me think it would feel the same, but it wasn't at all.

When Lisa kissed me, I was gone into a void that was lacked something I was conversancy with.

This tastes different.

She held her lips on mine for a moment, like she was frozen and didn't know what to do next. Lisa was still in place, not moving as if she was lifeless. But her chest bellowed otherwise. She was breathing fast, squeezing the air out of her in the calmness she tried to show. And I took it as a surprise, feeling like I was kissed by someone new—someone I knew, yet so different.

I might be a nervous wreck myself, still adjusting and working on my responses better, but that didn't take long to get taken care of. Lisa's lips might be intimidating and fragile to be explored, but those doubts lasted short before the desire to kiss her took over.

Tilting my head, I moved my lips against hers the way I used to, but with a softer start. The kiss I was giving Lisa was slow, being careful with her while tears filling up my eyes. Ever since I got to know her in here, I had always wanted to have this kiss. Just by watching her talk—in the news reports or face to face, those lips had always been parts of her that I dreamed of. Shivers, thirst and sparks of colours in the air were the kinds of expectations I had when I finally got to kiss her, yet all I received was deep sorrow.

I missed you so much, Lisa.

A grip of hands was wrapped around my face, almost startled me with its firmness as Lisa pushed further and kissed me, copying the strokes of my lips on her mouth. She gave me troubles in keeping the sadness of our first kiss since there was no hesitation in it anymore, going for a mission that felt so strong in conveying something. Her kiss felt like she knew what I was dealing with at that time; thinking and comparing her with someone else as I was kissing her. So she announced herself through her lips and touches, probably wanting me to stay in the moment with her without having another person in my mind.

Little that she knew, that someone was another version of her.

I could feel myself trembling as I struggled to keep kissing her and holding my sobs at the same time. So I took my hands off her thighs, reaching for her waist and I grasped it tight once I found the comfort I was looking for. Our lips continued to move across and over each other since none of us wanted to stop, even for air, and soft moans of breath had become audible to my ears.

The sadness that weighed my chest was seized by her kiss, thrown and almost forgotten when her lips ran in sync with mine. The grip around my jaw was slowly pushed to the back of my head, giving me the sense of my hair slid in between her fingers. The wet touch had turned more passionate as time went by, and after the emotional battle I was forced upon, I had become addicted to this kiss.

It was Lisa's mouth that turned pieces of my broken heart into a whole again. It was her sweet-tasted lips that made my dead soul...breathe again. It was her eager kiss that gave the core of my chest heartbeats back. And when she had stimulated the desire in this liplock, making me hungry for a deeper and harder kiss, she yanked the hope out of my guts by breaking it.