Chapter 35 - The Glass Wall

CHAELISA BATHROOM DANCE & 20K READS SPECIAL ⚘

I shoved the key into the lock of my door grill for countless of times but nothing worked and I was so frustrated. Chae was waiting behind me and I couldn't even open my apartment door.

"Is there any problem, Lisa?"

Her soft voice blew my heart out, sending nervousness that shouldn't have been there at the first place. Because this was supposed to be my unit. This was my apartment unless the culprit Lisa was actually staying at a different place.

She couldn't be.

I pulled the key out from the lock, trying to think about other possibilities. If this universe was every decision that I didn't take back then, I should have known this culprit Lisa better. She was part of me as well; a part that I didn't approve.

This Lisa was everything I didn't agree on, yet she was still, me.

"I'm sorry, Chae!" I laughed at myself, grabbing her arm as I walked away from the apartment unit.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm so nervous until I took you on a wrong floor!"

Chae joined my laughter, probably didn't expect me to bring her to a wrong unit.

Years ago when I first decided to buy a house for myself, I had to choose between the 10th floor or the 12th floor. The higher the floor, the higher the price for it because of the London City view that you would buy along with the apartment. That was just how assets pricing in one of the best city in the world worked.

And I chose the 10th floor because it suited my budget more since I didn't want the montly payment to be high. I loved to have savings from my salary more than just the city view, even though it was really breathtaking.

But at this point, I really hoped I was right about this Lisa. She must had bought the more expensive unit just for the sake of the view, which was just ridiculous!

Please. Please be it!

I pushed the silver thing again into the keyhole, praying to my non existent God that He would help me this time. And I turned the key, listening to the click that I was desperately needed to hear.

"Alright," I sighed in relief as I pulled the door drill out. "Here we go"

A key card that was used to unlock the main door made a beep to the scanner, giving me the entrance to my own apartment unit that wasn't really mine, if that made sense. But the things I saw inside the unit almost scared me like seeing a dead person in a crime scene.

The living room was, a mess? The sofa cushions were on the floor. The kitchen counter was packed with dirty plates, even unwashed dishes were living happily ever after in the sink. This situation had me thinking if this culprit had invited someone or people into her place last night and didn't even bother to clean up.

This Lisa really left the house unclean to work in the morning.

"Please come in, Chae" I closed the door once she stepped inside and I ran towards the kitchen first since that was the most disturbing, dirtiest part of the house. "I'm so sorry for the mess!"