Chapter 33 - The Date 2

"Ready to order miss?"

"Uh, yes" Chae responded while gripping the menu. "Garlic Butter Baked Salmon with fries on the side," Her eyes wandered on the paper to finish her order as if she would consider something else.

Come on, say it.

"And fresh orange, please"

There it is.

Smiling, I ordered mine. "Pepper steak and just water for me"

The waiter left after he repeated the orders, making the situation went quiet for few seconds as both of us were pretending to get attracted to the cutlery on the table until I decided to break the silence between us.

"You shouldn't drink orange juice at night, Chae" I opened up a topic based on her choice of drink that would never be changed. "You will get stomach ache later on"

That was true. It happened to my Chae each time she drank the bottled orange juice after dinner even though I told her not to since I was the one who stocked it in the fridge every weekend. But my woman had her stubborn side towards food.

The Chae I knew would listen to anything I told her but nobody could control what she wanted to eat, what she wanted to drink. She would take them anyway.

"How do you know that?" The suspicion in her eyes formed.

"I'm just guessing," I played with confidence as a good detective I was even though not in this universe. "Some people can't handle the citric acid. Can you, Chae?"

Her eyes softened. "Not really. My stomach will get upset"

I was right about her again.

"Then why you still drink it?"

"Because I love it's taste"

"But it's not good for you"

"Some people love to hurt themselves for things they love, Lisa"

Her voice sounded like pain, telling me that she was actually talking about something else and not the orange juice.

"That makes sense" I refused to disagree with her more just to stop growing the awkwardness in the air. "So tell me about you, Chae"

I looked for any dirt or stain on the table before placing my elbows on it, holding my own hands together as I rested them against my cheek.

"I think you already know about me, Lisa"

She gave me a new pattern of heartbeat to work with. Her eyes were staring at me; not in an provoking way whatsoever, but so soft, yet had failed to calm my nerve.

"What do you mean?" I chuckled instead to hide my anxiousness from showing.

"I don't know," She said, putting her arms on the table shortly after. "I just feel like you know me"

"Maybe because I'm an observant, you know? Since I'm a detective" I knew I would start babbling if I didn't stop myself from trying so hard not to get caught. "But that doesn't mean I know you. My observation could be wrong"

She smiled a little. I guessed my point just now made sense to her as well.

"I want to know about you" She stated.

"In what aspect?"

"Just you, about you"

"I'm Lisa?" I tried to joke around. "You already know me for quite sometime I guess?"

"I only know the other Lisa, not you"

My heart raced this time, probably whiten my fingernails from the fear I was dragging along in surprise.