Chapter 16 - The New Deal

"Go away"

If I assessed the strength of my own heart that was hammering my chest, it could probably crack a wall. But I had no other options either, but to face this thing in front of me as it was directing my legs to the bed. It invaded my space, forcing me to move under the push it was going for until I hit the mattress behind me and stumbled on it.

"Leave me alone-"

"Sshhh...that's okay"

Her voice was heard again as her figure was climbing on the same fabric my feet were kicking. I had no clue of what brought her here. I didn't know why she came for the second time and met me, while Mr. Krauss had made things clear that she should stay in her place unless she was called, or when my time was up. Only in those times she was allowed to be here, and I was so confused of which part of the deal that had went wrong.

Despite of being clueless about the visit I didn't ask for, I was sure about one thing, which was my own fear. That was because I was really scared at that time. This meeting was scarier than the one I experienced on the train to Northampton, and the reason for that was my hands were the only barrier I had between her chest and mine.

"Wh-what do you want?" I demanded the bravery I owned to stand along the frontier between me and the creature that appeared in the dark, wearing a mask that looked like the face of someone I loved.

"You questioned the wrong person," She whispered, leaning close to my face until I had to look away. "You should've asked yourself"

"I don't know what you are talking about-"

"I heard you, Chae..." Her lips landed on my cheek, trailing towards the flesh of mine that I kept away from her reach. "You called for me"

"I didn't-"

Her rough hands groped me around my neck, frightening my guard by that sudden move and she earned my eyes on hers in this struggling dimmed condition. My hands went to her wrists in an instant as she terrified me with the firm pressure she put on my throat, assuming that she might actually hurt me this time. Well, if a man that was born with a heart can kill another soul, nobody shall trust the one that doesn't even have any.

"I'm not a fool," She hissed before she tasted my lips, silencing more of my words that I tried to protest with. "You really want her, don't you?"

That was when I realised what she was talking about. It was my cry earlier that summoned her. It was my own frustration towards the things I didn't have that called her in. I didn't need to directly reach out to her, just like Mr. Krauss had said; demons can hear your soul. Even though I cried alone in this room, thinking that I had no one to show my sadness to, I was always heard. This creature had always been listening and waiting to use my defeat against me.

Pushing her away, I managed to free my mouth from hers. "I-I don't want this anymore"

"What?"

"We are done," I was so determined by what I just told her no matter how scared I was. "I've got what I want. I've seen her, I've met my Lisa" I panted, eyes looking at her who began to withdraw herself from pinning me on the bed. "I no longer need you"

As much as I didn't want to be near her, it still baffled my mind when she got off me, walking towards the window and letting the moonlight shone on her face. She looked so serious, no smile or even rage that I could spot, which brought another confusion to me. I really thought my intention in ending the whole thing would anger her, but I guessed I was wrong on that part. This demon was surprisingly being calm.

She sighed as her arms crossed, acting like how a human would. If only I didn't know who she really was, if only I didn't know the figure and the face she had on her were just her appearance in showing herself, I would have mistaken her as the Lisa I lost. That was how good she was in imitating a human, and no one should underestimate this excellent kind of deceit; demon level. She looked so convincing.