Chapter 34 - The Night Stroll

CHAELISAS HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE AFTER THE VIDEO???

"So when is your first experience in cooking, Chae?"

I gave her another question after I swallowed the hotdog in my mouth. I was still hungry even after having a steak earlier. So we stopped at a food truck we found along the famous River Thames towards the Tower Bridge to buy extra food, which was a treat from Chae.

"I was 12-"

She couldn't continue her sentence as she laughed all of the sudden, covering her mouth to give a polite kind of laugher I assumed. I didn't even know what just tickled her throat but I laughed too just because she was adorable.

And her cheeks lifted up, making her eyes small. I had been eyeing on those cheeks for so long without kissing them. Nobody could understand the struggles I had to go through on that part.

"I'm sorry, Lisa" She cleared her throat when she was ready to answer my question. "I was 12 and nobody was home with me. My mum went out to town at that time" Chae continued as we walked on the footpath. "So I tried to boil some eggs"

"Ohh no!" I exclaimed since I was thrilled to know what would happen in the story, and Chae laughed again probably because of my response. "No, Chae, you didn't!"

"I did!" Her face was turning red in time. "Up until today I still have no idea how leaving the pot for few minutes, almost burned the kitchen!" She held her stomach as that was the only thing she could hold except her laughter. "The pot was on fire, Lisa! And I damaged the whole stove-"

Chae's speech was interrupted again when she just couldn't help to laugh.

"You threw water to the stove?!"

Nodding, she still tried to talk as best as she could. "I had to put out the fire"

"Chae, you should've grabbed the handle and threw the pot into the sink!"

It was me who got infected by her laughter this time, imagining how the top of the stove turned into an enormous swimming pool for cockroaches.

"Lisa, the handle was burning too! It's plastic!"

"Ohh my!"

At that point none of us could talk without being tortured by the urge to laugh. My chest was actually started to hurt because of it, let alone my eyes that had joyful tears in them.

"But that's not the issue, Lisa"

"Then?!"

"It's when my mum came home"

I gave up as I just laughed with her, not giving any concern to talk or respond to the story anymore. I didn't know about this before since I never thought of asking her about it. I admitted that I kind of took small things for granted in the relationship I had with my Chae, like asking about her childhood memories or anything similar that actually was a big part of her.

For some people, these kind of stories could be a slight entertainment, and I used to be one of them. But on Chae's side, these kind of stories could be her big start in growing love and passion towards cooking that shaped who she was when she grew into a beautiful lady I knew.

I was lucky that I still had the chance to hear them right from her mouth again besides from Mr. Richards's.

"I bet your mum went mad?" I continued the conversation when both of us settled from the laughter.

"She even lost her mind, Lisa" Chae giggled. "It was her stove and I felt so bad"

"Your parents live here in London? Or?"