Chapter 21 - The Psychic

It was 10 at night and I was standing across one of the most haunted pubs in London, The Ten Bells.

How did I know about this place when I wasn't even a believer of superstitious things? Internet.

After the very early morning call with Baxter, I spent hours of my unproductive life to do some readings and research about these ridiculous matters. Putting my detective skills to their right place, I treated this case just like the others.

The art of catching a suspect wasn't just the suspect himself. Having a good knowledge about everything around him was the first step; family, friends, background, or even the simplest thing as his favourite coffee shop. Interviewing and investigating just to get the right information, which later would be linked to evidences we already had were simply crucial.

If Jennifer and Nick were right about Chae's killer, then finding the demon was the last thing to do. Because I had to know what I was dealing with and what kind of world he lived in. Stepping into something without familiarity was just a careless move, which definitely not my style.

In all honesty, I didn't decide to do this based on belief. There were no such things as demons, or even God. I would never invest any of my valuable time studying about these nonsense stuffs just because of belief. I could only say that there was possibility of it but it didn't mean I believed in any of them.

Because I only believed in true love.

And Chae's love for me was the only reason for me to involve myself in.

I crossed the road, keeping my hands inside my long jacket as I was heading to the pub I found in the internet.

Based on the stupid research I had done for a whole day, I figured that I would need someone to help me. That someone wasn't just a regular person like me, or Baxter, but a psychic; a scammer that I wouldn't trust.

A medium was another name for a psychic and there were so many of them out there, believed to be the chosen ones who could connect this world we were living in with the after world, or different worlds that were claimed to be existed yet couldn't be seen.

I just didn't expect to find out the fact that there were still superstitious believers in 2018 until those psychics opened business and services for the activity, for real! I even found so many websites where I read some reviews and testimonials, making me think what kind of ridiculous world I was living in.

I brought myself into the pub, still making decision if I should turn away as I walked to the bar section. This pub had a jazz music on that I found calming for my little nervous heart at the moment, which was very helpful. And I hoped by walking through that door, I would find the one I was looking for; Draco Krauss.

This man's name that I wasn't sure if it was a real one that could be found in the database, definitely didn't sound familiar to me. But I found it in those websites that suggested him as the best psychic in London, and not to forget, the most expensive!

He didn't even have a shop to rent like other psychics had nowadays for their business. And that made him mysterious enough to be the most wanted psychic in town. Because nobody remembered of seeing his face. Those who had done business with him would have some kind of memory loss about how his face looked like, thus making him unrecognisable and nowhere to be found.

But those clients said in the website to try and look for him in this pub and see how the luck and fate worked together. The reason for that was there was a saying on the air about Draco Krauss; you can only find him if he wants you to.

There was also a rumour that he would only entertain challenging tasks, and left the 'receiving messages from the dead to their loved ones' to those amateur psychics.