Chapter 37 - The Seeker

I woke myself up in my universe by going back to the Lisa's apartment after having breakfast with Chae, and I went to sleep. I didn't want to be in that place for now because I already got a clue; an important one, but the answer wasn't in there.

The answer for what I had found in my girlfriend's notebook was definitely here. It had to be in my own world without Chae in it.

I checked the time and it was almost 11:30p.m. I knew straight away that I was sleeping for almost an hour but spent near 24 hours in the other universe. Thinking of the possibility that I could be with Chae for 7 days straight just within 7 hours of sleep really attracted me. And it was such a loss that I couldn't really enjoy myself that much, considering I had a bigger issue to decode.

It was raining when I ran out from the taxi, chasing time to The Ten Bells when I reached there after midnight. There were still lots of people in the pub, chatting and drinking like they had no work to attend later in the morning. So I made my way to the usual bar stool I would sit on and find someone I was looking for.

"Mr. Krauss" I greeted and he shook his head after taking his regular tequila shot.

"Goddamn it," He cursed, sounding like he was surprised. "You didn't lose your memory?!" The man looked at me, confused. "You remember my face even after our business is done?!"

"Yes, I do" I turned my head to the bartender, ordering the Pepsi Max and I returned back to Draco. "Maybe because our business is not really done"

"I know you are in a deep trouble, Lisa" He looked away, probably trying not to make any deal with me anymore. "But I can't help you this time"

"What?!" I exclaimed, spinning my body towards him. "You set me up for this!"

"I only did what you might need in order to do the mission, not helping you with the mission"

Sighing, I tried to negotiate with him. "Alright. How much do you need?"

I heard his small laugh shortly after, gripping the tequila glass simultaneously.

"You are wrong if you think money can solve this"

"Then? What else can I offer so you would help me?"

Draco dragged his head back to me, staring into my eyes for a few seconds before a smile that was trying to intimidate me had failed to do so, because all I received from his gestures were all fear.

"If I help you," He paused. "Then I would need to help myself after that"

"Aren't you the best medium in town? You are a professional, right?"

"That doesn't make me safe, Lisa!" He pressed his voice this time. He probably knew how determined and stubborn I was. And the truth about me not wanting to shut up until he agreed with me probably disturbed his inner peace for having to hear my soul speaking.

"What do you mean?"

Pushing his head closer, he lowered his voice even though the temptation to just yell at me was so strong. "I don't want to get killed, do you understand?"

This guy had a small patience towards me ever since the beginning because a client like me wouldn't understand the whole concept or danger of playing with these supernatural things. I was a sceptic anyway. Trying to explain and convince about unrealistic things to me were like committing brain suicide.

"I thought demons can't kill you?"

"Technically, that's true" He said. "But they can trick your brain, drive you crazy until you get your own self killed. That's how they kill you without actually killing you"