Chapter 23 - The Believers

10k reads special ❤ Chaelisas how are you breathing todaayyyy

"Have you lost your freaking mind, Lisa?!" Jisoo's voice stabbed my heart. "What's wrong with you?!"

I looked at Jennifer who had nothing but worries and fear on her face as she was sitting on the sofa. I expected her to say something, especially when her wife was scolding me. Her help to calm the situation down was much needed at the moment, but she didn't.

She was just muting herself, head down.

"I didn't know what to do that time" I spoke for myself. "Everything was just fast. We met, talked, and set the deal. Just like that"

"He's a scammer, Lisa! That's what he does to make you pay him!"

"But what if he really shows up tonight?"

Jisoo walked closer to me as I was sitting at the dining table with Baxter.

"You are not going anywhere tonight, Lisa. Do you hear me?!"

My eyebrows lifted up as my eyes widened.

"What? I made a deal with him. I must go"

"You made a deal with him to make a deal with a demon!" The older woman continued to scold me. "Do you even hear yourself?!"

"But, Chae-"

"Chae is gone!" She snapped, startling me. "She's dead, Lisa! Can you stop?!"

Jisoo hit me with the truth about my girlfriend; Chae had passed.

I knew for good that Chae was gone. I saw her lying on the table at the mortuary with my own eyes. I saw the images of her post mortem process; her body was sliced and opened from the chest until her stomach, the top section of her skull was removed to get the access to her brain.

But I didn't do any of this to make Chae alive again. Well, I would definitely do it if I could but even Draco said it didn't work that way. So there was nothing wrong with me doing this, except for the demon thing, yes that was wrong.

"But Chae needs my help, Jisoo"

The woman put her hands at her waist, standing as her eyes were staring at me.

"You trust what that guy told you?"

"I don't know what to trust, alright?" I hugged my own body. "But I think it's better if I do it anyway, risk it so I'll be at peace than do nothing and not be able to sleep at night thinking about why I didn't help her"

"It's all guilt, Lisa. He uses your guilt towards Chae!"

Sighing, I spoke again. "If he's lying, I would lose my savings" I still tried to convince her no matter how hard it had became. "But what if he's right?" I paused. "Chae needs my help"

"You are talking about someone who has passed away" Jisoo stood across the table, resting her palms on its surface. "What happened to you, Lisa?" She asked. "What happened to when you die then you just die? What happened to these kind of things turn you off?"

I didn't take my eyes off her, letting my vision to get blurry when my eyes started to well in tears.

"I've been having those kind of perceptions all my life," I said softly. "I want to at least feel the difference in life because it's been the same, just basic"

"By playing with demons?"

"Jisoo, I don't mind about the demons" I stated. "I just want to do this for Chae. This is like the last thing I could do for her"