Chapter 22 - The Psychic 2

Double update today because of CHAELISA DUO PERFORMANCE! ❤

"How does this work?"

I asked when I found myself sitting on the bar stool again, which was still unbelievable at this point. I actually walked back to Draco earlier when he mentioned my nickname that was given by Chae.

"There is only one way" He turned his body to look at me. "You must go to one of those universes, find out what she did and help her make it right before she dies again in there"

I sighed.

"Can't I just do it here? I can find out here too, right?"

"You can't, detective"

"Why not?"

"Because she's already died here" He explained. "Nothing you can do here to help her because it already happened"

I nodded.

"Alright, so if I go and help her, she would be alive?"

Draco blew heavy breath out, probably getting frustrated by my true intention.

"Lisa, you need to focus" He sounded serious, putting my brain back to its axis. "Listen to me very carefully, we are talking about souls here. Just souls and nothing else. Do you understand me?"

I hummed to respond.

"Your soul still has its host, you are alive and breathing right now" He said. "But your girlfriend's soul doesn't anymore. There's nothing you can do about that. A host is very important. You can't just put a soul back to its host-"

"Why not?"

"Because!-" He stopped immediately, probably refused to yell at me since I was asking a lot about things he thought I should have known. I didn't. "Because that is God's work, Lisa" He managed to lower his voice. "Only God can create, put and take out a soul from its host permanently"

"Ohh, right" I blinked my eyes a couple of times when what I learned on Sunday lecture at the church came into my mind.

"Doesn't matter where or how, your girlfriend will still die. Here, she died by a fall. In other universes, she might die by car accident, illness, or anything else" Draco explained strictly. "You can't change the fall and make her alive again. It doesn't work like that for souls that are permanently separated from their hosts"

I brought my head down, feeling the disappointment in me.

"That's a shame then," I complained. "I actually hoped it worked that way"

"Lisa, you need to understand this," He tried to hammer the concept into my brain. "The main reason of you doing these things is to save her soul, not her body. Her body is gone but her soul remains" Draco continued. "Save her soul before it is taken out from her body in that universe, only then all her souls in all universes, including here where you are living right now, will be freed"

I frowned.

"So, if I saved her soul in one of those universes, the changes will be applied here too?"

"That's correct, everything that you changed there will be the same in here"

"Except for bringing her back to life?"

"Yes! Except for that one. So get that idea out from your brain!"

I nodded as I was playing with my fingernails, actually feeling nervous of hearing all of these nonsense.

"But, how can I save her soul if I don't know what she did?"

"That's the challenge for you, detective" He raised his tequila shot to show it to me before he swallowed the drink.