Chapter 32 - The Date

I stared at her for hours as she was cooking, standing from afar to wrap layers of her nose crunches, her giggles to those customers, and her frowns when the heat from the wok tried to catch her face, and I made them a complete set of the lovely Chae Richards as a gift.

I had sold my soul to a freaking demon; Lucifer, or whatever his name was, took sleeping pill and travelled to the other universe just to be able to see and touch her again. That complete set of Chae Richards costed me fifteen thousand British Pound that I struggled to save over the years but then I thought I deserved a self reward too.

Buying that gift was indeed, the best gift I ever gave to myself.

As I was waiting for business hour of Tsukiko Food Stall to end, I did some calculation in my mind about how the time in this universe worked.

If two hours here were equivalent to 5 minutes of sleep in my universe, I would have more than enough time to spend with Chae since I could sleep up to 7 hours without any help from a sleeping pill before. I was certain that I would sleep even longer if nobody in the house woke me, which I also had given warnings to The Kims to not to.

The view of Chae cleaning her station snapped me out from my thoughts, so I walked to the stall instantly to lend a hand.

"Lisa!" Chae called, pressing her voice at the back of her throat a little. "What are you doing?!"

Looking at how surprised her face was, I chuckled as I continued to collect empty plastic containers from the tables. People really didn't clean up after they ate.

"I'm helping you closing down?"

"You don't have to," She sighed with guilt smothered all over her face. "Lisa please, my boss would get mad at me if she-"

"She's not here, right?"

"Your hands will get dirty"

"And?" I smirked. "I can wash them later, right?"

Speaking of that, she had no idea what I had done to get my hands dirty for helping her at the moment. If selling my soul to a demon was really a huge sin, then nobody here had dirtier hands than mine.

"Why are you like this?" She shook her head, pushing her two eyebrows together. "I'm serious, Lisa. Please don't touch anything"

I ignored her niggle towards my stubbornness when I just walked to a garbage bin next to her stall to throw the rubbish like nobody's business.

"Don't make me go out" She warned me one last time as she was separated from me only by the frame of the station while her hand gripping the top of it.

I was actually surprised to see this side of Chae Richards that I never seen in 9 months of our relationship before. She was really going to get mad at me, showing how intimidating she could be if I did something she didn't approve on, while my Chae who I had lost would only whine at me until I gave up.

"Just come here then," I replied her objection with the softest voice I could make, taking a step closer to the wooden frame in between us. "Come here and hug me..."

Her face changed completely, brushing those frown lines away as the stresses inside her eyes vanished. Even her cheeks were painted with evanescible red, which were definitely good gestures to me.

She moved away to widen the space between us and I took it as a sign of defeat; she lost.

Did you see that, culprit Lisa? If you ever going to fight Chae again, do it like I did, you fuck.

"Chae, could you please give me the cleaning cloth?" I asked after I threw the rubbish away. "I will wipe the tables for you"

"Lisa, I will do it later"