Chapter 21 - The Lunch

The best part about sleeping is the unconsciousness, which you enjoy without fear of getting in bed, ready to sleep. And it is all fun until you have to wake up.

That happened to me. I had to wake up and leave that world eventually. All the beautiful pieces in it were temporary for me to hold, yet reminding and calling me to come back as if they were forever mine in the first place. At least that was how they made me feel; I am someone's forever. That was also the reason for me to keep going back other than my feelings towards the Lisa in it.

But this time, getting out from that universe was no longer something I worried about. Because I had no issues with the Chae in there, we were one now. She was under a full possession, which made her do and act the way I wanted her to. Everything I experienced and felt while using her body, she would feel and remember them as well. There would be no confusion for her every time I left and I relied on her to resume the things I left behind, especially regarding Lisa. And as for now, while I was having my morning shower, I could feel the happiness in my chest. The smile on my face said it all, meaning that Lisa was making that Chae happy.

I can feel it, Lisa. You make me happy.

Since I had returned to my place, Lisa was left with the Chae in there for at least 15 days before I hit my next sleeping time, which was around 10 p.m later. Thinking about the amount of time that would be wasted every time I travelled back here really disturbed me. However, there was nothing I could do about it. It was the nature of human; to sleep and wake up. It was also the nature of multiple universes; diverse in point of time.

Despite that, the greatest regret of it all was my absence in the time itself. I wasn't there with Lisa, doing what I should have done; spending time with her while I still had it. The fact that I only got to be with her for 7 days in my 7 hours of sleep, while that Chae had more than two weeks of chance when I was awake didn't sit well with me.

I realised that I had started to ask for more when I felt like I wanted Lisa all for myself. I doubted on how much longer I could compromise with the Chae in that universe and also with this 'sharing' thing. Yes, we were basically sharing Lisa and taking turns, if that would make any sense. It did to me, at least. I was already so jealous whenever I imagined the Chae preparing Lisa's yakisoba, let alone if they both went for another hang out together. My heart ached just by having that idea in my thoughts.

Because of that, I had a plan in mind for my next sleep, and also for my next day off from work in that universe. I needed to use all the time I owned wisely, as one of the famous quotes said; make every day count. So that was what walked me along the Thames river after I exited Westminster Underground Station at 12:29 a.m, leaving the iconic Big Ben behind me.

The day view still amazed me even though I had seen it before, and the London Eye that stood across the river made me wonder of how great it must have been if this was my working area. It would be super crowded to open a stall here, of course, with twice the number of customers compared to in Camden Lock. Natalie and I were barely survived with the existing numbers we had right now, and I couldn't imagine how busy it could get if we ever moved here. No matter how tempting that idea was, I personally thought Camden was already perfect for the business.

But among all tourist attractions surrounded this Victoria Embankment, there was a building that attracted me not only by the eyes but also the heart. My heartbeat drummed faster as soon as I spotted the sight of the New Scotland Yard sign, and that was where my legs were heading to.

Blowing a heavy breath out, I entered the classic building with high hope and a paper bag in my grip. The nervousness was growing fast, probably even faster than the steps I was taking towards the information counter in the middle of this lobby.