Chapter 29 - The Chae

I didn't know what just happened but I remembered holding Chae's hand in mine. Her hand was in my grip as we were in the cinema hall and when I opened my eyes again, I was looking at Jennifer right in front of my face.

"Babe!" She screamed as she turned her head towards the bedroom door that was opened. "She's awake!"

The worried look she was giving me invited a frown on my forehead.

"Jen?" I uttered as I was breathing heavily.

"God, Lisa!" She slapped my arm all of the sudden and I saw Jisoo ran into the room. "We almost called an ambulance!"

"Wait, what?!" I got even more confused. "Why?!"

"We were trying to wake you but you weren't even moving!"

My eyes widened instantly.

"You woke me?!"

I got up from the lying position and grabbed my watch that I put on the bedside table, checking the numbers. I was aware at the time I reached home from the pub and I waited half an hour to finally get the sleepiness kicked in. And by looking at my watch at the moment, I just realised that I slept for only 5 minutes? Or less?

But I spent more than 2 hours with Chae before!

Draco was right. The time in the other universe was much faster than here.

"We just wanted to check up on you since you are finally home," Jennifer said when she probably notice that I was getting angry to know she woke me from sleep.

Jisoo sat at the edge of the bed later, looking at me. "We are worried about you, Lisa. You just left with Nick and didn't come back until 1 in the morning"

"Well, you saw me on the bed, right?!" I raised my voice a little, feeling the anger building up in my chest. "I already came back! Why did you need to wake me?!"

"We saw your sleeping pills, you nuts!" Jisoo replied with the same volume as mine. "You expect us not to worry?!"

"Babe, let her rest first" Jennifer stood up immediately, grabbing her wife's hand. "She's just fine. We can talk in the morning"

"She's mad at us for worrying about her?" The other woman rolled her eyes as she spoke to Jennifer. "What happened to her?"

"I was with Chae!" I clenched the bed cover inside my fists. "And you guys pulled me out!"

Jisoo's face looked like crumpled dark clouds before thunderstorms.

"Where?" She gritted her teeth when she talked. "I didn't see any Chae?"

"I travelled there, Jisoo! I saw Chae!"

Crossing her arms, she responded. "Oh, so you have sold your soul already?"

"Yes and it works!"

She shook her head, looking at her wife who had been pulling her hand out from the room but was ignored.

"You mean in your dreams, Lisa?" Jisoo doubted what she just heard from me. "You are screaming at us just because you dreamed of Chae and we woke you?"

"It's not a dream!" I defended myself. "I touched her, Jisoo. I swear I touched her"

"Go back to sleep, Lisa" Jennifer interrupted as she pulled Jisoo's arm harder. "We all should go back to sleep, we have important stuffs in the morning later"

I frowned.

"What stuffs?"

"Ah, you forgot?" Jisoo was the one who was fast enough to respond to me with her sarcastic tone. "Another unbelievable thing that came out from you besides demons"