Chapter 6

Sunday had always been my favourite day before. It was the only day I could most likely just sleep in and wake up at 12p.m. without the need to turn off the morning alarm, or fight for a tiny space in the tube with tourists.

Sometimes I would receive a call at 3 in the morning and was expected to arrive at a crime scene, and I wouldn't be able to sleep after, howbeit I had seen those gruesome images for countless of times in my career.

Looking at the clock on the bedside table, I would love to continue sleeping since I still had the heaviness that was stepping at the edge of my eyelids. I shouldn't be awake at this hour but something knocked my semi-conscious mind and woke me up even before my new alarm came in.

I guessed even my brain had gotten used to this new alarm I got.

My ears picked up noises from outside of my bedroom. Groaning, I tightened my arms around the head pillow as I was lying on my stomach as I shut my eyes back.

"Lisa?"

I heard a voice shortly after the door was opened.

That was my new alarm.

"Lisa, wake up"

The more I heard those words, the more I ignored them.

But this new alarm wasn't just like the regular alarm I had that could easily be turned off when it screamed. Even if I gathered all the years of being a detective; mentally and physically qualified to be one, it wouldn't even match the strength required to put this ignoring game up to par.

"Lisaaa"

That voice just dragged my name longer than it was originally supposed to sound and I felt a pressure was put on the mattress at the same time.

"We are going to be late"

I knew this was going to get harder when a hand just stroke my back. A hand that was so soft, so comforting, so perfect to hold, giving strokes on my body more than the delicate word itself could describe it.

"Please, Lisa?"

This new alarm would never scream at me like the one on my bedside table. My stubbornness to leave the bed on early Sunday morning wasn't seen as a struggle to be faced. It was a patience.

It was love.

Groaning, I finally gave a sign that I was already awake. "Chae, baby..." I breathed against the pillow, burying my face in it. "Can we skip today?"

"Lisaaa"

She did that again, sounding like she was whining. Only this time she laid her head on my back, putting weight that I was comfortable to hold with her arms sliding under my stomach.

"I'm sleepy"

"But, you promised me" Chae continued to whine, making sound with her throat that sounded like a fake cry. She was really being a baby.

Sighing, I opened my eyes as I felt how she just kissed my back. And she kept kissing there, making me regret for sleeping with a shirt on. It would've been amazing to wake to a pair of lips that belonged to Chae Richards, brushing on my bare skin.

"But it's Sunday" I argued again, not because I wanted to. I didn't need to argue either since I already knew who was going to win, we both knew it.

But I just needed a few extra kisses on my back, and to hear this adorable whine Chae was doing for a little bit longer until it was unbearable for my chest to sustain the cuteness she had anymore.

"I'm sorry I disturb your rest on Sunday" Chae said. "But I need to go to the church" She squeezed me harder in her arms. "And you won't let me go alone"