04 ➳ Your Fly's Undone

R U N N I N G
F O R  M I L E S

The whole day seemed to be consumed with the same relaxing noise, the soft pitter patter of fat, wet rain drops falling from the sky and drenching whatever it fell on. It was nothing but therapeutic to hear the soft gentleness of the rain all day but just as the bell rung, signalling that it was finally home time it seemed to pour down harder.

Thunder roared as lighting lit up the overcast sky as I looked out the window in the hallway of the building. The bell had gone at least ten minutes ago and I was still standing in the cold corridor waiting for Hale.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate him offering to give me a ride but hey I probably could almost be at the police station by now.

"Sorry I'm late, I was caught up with something." Hale puffed as he ran down the hallway.

His appearance was atrocious. His hair was completely messy unlike how he had it earlier which was gelled up neatly, a purple love bite was starting to appear on his neck, his shirt was untucked from his pants and might I add his fly was unzipped.

"Bullshit you were probably eating some girls face off, weren't you?" I asked raising my brow.

"I would never." he sarcastically, while he held a hand to his chest.

"Funny, your fly's undone." I smirked, rolling my eyes.

His evil grin evaporated off of his face as soon as I made the comment, his hands quickly touched his opened zip which he quickly zipped back up. His hazel brown eyes looked straight into my green ones, they looked unfazed by the fact I just called him out for most likely fucking some girl at school, he just screams player.

I mean it wouldn't be hard for him to get any girl, I'm sure all he would have to do is smile and wink at some random girl and she would straight away be down on her knees for the guy, he's undoubtedly the school's infamous heartthrob.

"Let's go new girl, this rain isn't going to ease off any time soon" he stated ripping me from my thoughts as I followed him over to the big wooden door.

"Come on Eden we're gonna have to run." Hale added as he looked over at me from the protection of the school building. 

"Okay." I huffed, knowing it was the only way to get to my father's work.

I watched for a second as Hale quickly dashed into the heavily pouring rain while grabbing his keys out of his pocket. I on the other hand clutched my jumper tightly around me as I quickly followed Miles into the cold rain.

His car wasn't thankfully far away from the front entrance of the school, unlike a few people that were unlucky and had to park on the other side of the car park, so it was a mere sprint to his expensive sports car.

"Hurry up and unlock it!" I yelled at him as it seemed to rain even harder, instantly drenching our clothes.

"I am!" he yelled back as he quickly pressed the button on his keys a million times but it didn't seem to be working so he jiggled the key into the door which unlocked the doors within seconds.

Hale and I wasted no time in jumping into his car and slamming the doors shut. We panted as our hot breath started to fog up the cold car. 

"Here let's get the heater on." He said rubbing his arms as he turned on the car and played with the aircon nobs.

My teeth seemed to chatter as he pulled out of the car park and onto the slippery road. He sped off into the heavy down pour, it felt as though at any minute it could turn into a hail storm as the sky was contorting into a grey green color.