27 ➳ New Haven

RUNNING 
FOR MILES

Waking up this morning was seriously hard; I was so warm and not ready to leave the safety of my bed which more or so looked like a heated nest or something. But my brother is the rude human that decided it would be absolutely hilarious to just straight up rip the blankets off of me and pull them onto the floor.

"I hate you." I had whined at him.

"Come on, you have to get up and go to school." he encouraged.

I groaned dramatically, "It should be illegal to go to school in these types of conditions."

"Just get in the shower, I'm leaving in twenty minutes." he sighed as I got up and death stared Sam as he walked out.

For once in my life, I actually did what my brother told me and I walked into my bathroom, stripped and got into the hot shower. I love myself a hot shower, well I start warm and then slowly make it really hot, to the point where it should be burning but it isn't.

Sometimes I hate having such a nice hot shower in winter because you're going to have to come out of the water at some stage and whether you like it or not it's going to be freezing when you get out and it feels like it takes a while to get warm again.

Which is super annoying, in my opinion.

It's one of those days when my normal school uniform seems to feel thinner than it really is. The air is crispy and I'm sure just like mine everyone's fingers felt like little icicles. It's starting to feel like winter here, in Dayton Lakes.

I'm not complaining when I say this but I really hate moving from public school to private. In public school right now I would be allowed to wear anything I wanted and I know all too well right now I wanted to be wearing my comfy and warm black cropped tracksuit like outfit; But no, instead of that I have to wear the private school uniform that's ugly and seriously not warm enough in this Atlantic like weather.

This morning on the way to school the weatherman on the radio said that there was going to be a snowstorm. I've never witnessed a snow storm before so I was somewhat excited because I love storms and I love snow so it's just a combination of my two favorite things.

The whole way to school and while I walked the halls I couldn't help but think of when I get home I could either go out and get some of my favorite food or get it delivered to my house, I would then get a drink and maybe a few other snacks and then go up to my room, make sure I had heaps of blankets and pillows ready and my blinds open.

It was going to be the perfect scene, wrapped up in blankets, with my favorite foods, a good Netflix series and then the snowstorm happening right outside my window that I could also observe from time to time.

Why is that just perfect to me?

I was pulled away from my thoughts by my locker door being slammed shut and my wrist being pulled over towards two people. Lila Hayes and Lakyn Moody Westbrook.

Lakyn hadn't come back yesterday at Melrose's, we didn't think he would but a little part of me hoped he would come back. I really don't understand how the guy can pretty much go from zero to one hundred in a matter of seconds. It's like there's a bomb inside him and it fills up bit by bit until he can't handle it and ends up exploding.

Lakyn Westbrook will always be a mystery to me.

"Hey, purple." Hale said

Lila cleared her throat, "Hey." she greeted him.

"Why are you dragging the poor girl over here?" Lila asked as she crossed her arms over her chest, raising an eyebrow, "I never knew you were the clingy type, Smiles."