59 ➳ Goodbye

RUNNING

FOR MILES

"I can't believe you would be so irresponsible!" Boston ranted from the driver's side seat in his sleek black BMW.

It's approximately twelve o'clock midday and here I am listening to Boston yelling at me all because I decided not to turn up to school today. It was due to last night; I had managed to not sleep a wink as all I could do was lay in my brothers' bed as he snored for the whole night, while all I did was think about what I'm supposed to say to each of my friends tomorrow and then Hale.

Every option I had tried to think of had ended badly, not a single one had a good outcome, but how could what I am about to do have a good outcome? I'm about to hurt the ones that I love just so that they are safe, but they won't know that.

Instead, they will just hate me and will wonder why they had ever let me into their friend group. But I won't blame them, not one little bit, as if they did that to me, I wouldn't want to be friends with them either.

This is why I tried going back to sleep at six in the morning instead of getting ready to get up at around seven to get ready for my exhausting day. I made sure to text Boston and tell him that Sammy would drop me off so he wouldn't have to worry about getting me.

But that was just me trying to get rid of him so he wouldn't sit outside of out-front gate which would then result in Sammy waking me up and then me actually having to go to school and leaving me breaking up with Hale and well Lila and lake for another day, my plan was almost fool proof.

Keyword, almost.

Ten minutes ago, I was rudely awoken by loud beeping in outdrive way, you only really need one guess to who it was. Boston had nonstop been calling and texting me all morning from seven-thirty this morning till about ten minutes ago which would have been eleven fifty.

He said the only way to get him to stop was to get down there in five minutes so that's what I did, I threw on my uniform which looked slightly messy, I brushed my hair and teeth and then made my way downstairs and out to his car.

Which brings me to now.

I sighed out in reply, "How many times do I have to say 'I'm sorry'." I whined out as I slumped down into the leather passenger seat.

"You say that you are mine now and all this bullshit and you don't even do what I say anymore." Boston sneered, "What the fucks gotten into you?" he asked harshly as he stopped at a red light, "You were always so obedient and now ever since you've been here you've changed."

I won't deny I have changed, but I've changed for the better.

I used to be this stupid naive girl that just wanted someone to look after me as I was so riddled with trauma from my neglectful and drugged up mother. That's why I clung to Boston when I had first met him because he gave me attention, he gave me love and affection, sometimes the affection hurt but I still called it love because at least he wasn't leaving me as my mother had.

But now I frown upon that stupid girl, instead, I buried her the day I got on that plan and fled from the toxic love that Boston was trying to give me. Dayton Lakes has shown me how to be my own person. Dayton Lakes has thrown heaps of tough obstacles at me but the reward was worth it.