41 ➳ Four Different Blood Types

RUNNING 

FOR MILES

Sam and I barged into the police station, it felt as though we were in some type of cool action movie as if we were detectives and we had just cracked the case.

But unfortunately, we were not, in fact, bursting into our father's workplace because of that but because we had been impatiently waiting for him in the car; due to the fact that we had to be at a dinner in less than ten minutes.

The dinner wasn't just any dinner but it was one at a fancy bistro in the town square, now when my father said that I screwed my face up as I had no idea what the hell a bistro was, so when he told me it was a small French-themed restaurant.

There is no way in hell, I am eating snails, but when he said that it was dinner with The Hayes', I decided that I would just have to get over the fact that there could be snails being served at this restaurant as I was going to be meeting Lila's mother.

Mrs. Hayes was finally back from rehab and just in time for Lila's birthday which is in just a few days. Ever since Lila had notified me that she was back and that it feels like she was never gone. 

I've never seen Lila this happy; I hope that this time her mother is able to stay clean and won't have to return back to rehab and leave her daughter again. Seeing Lila so happy makes me happy, so I beg that nothing ruins this moment.

"Eden hurry up!" Sam whisper yelled as I snapped out of my thoughts and continued to follow him down the hallway and towards my father's office.

Sam was the first one to knock and then slightly open the door, as we peered in, we found our father sitting at his desk surrounded by stacks of papers and his head deep inside of a case file. 

After a minute or so and father hadn't noticed us, Sam knocked again to try and get his attention, the knock worked which had resulted in father snapping out of his deep trance-like state and to peer over at us and smile, "Well if it isn't my favorite children." 

"Favorite children?" Sam and I both said at the same time, "Dad you only have two children." Sam laughed.

Father laughed, "You know what I meant." he shook his head as he motioned for us to walk in as we did Sam shut the door behind us as dad went back to looking at whatever was in the folder, "So how can I help my beloved children?"

"It's Thursday." I said waiting for him to connect the dots and realize that it's seven twenty and we are supposed to be at a dinner in ten minutes.

Sam rolled his eyes as he dragged a hand through his hair, "Dad its Thursday." he said putting emphasis on 'Thursday', "We have to be at a dinner with the Hayes' in less than ten minutes."

"That's tonight?!" He panicked as he grabbed his phone from beside it, "Look guys this case has started up again, and it's serious what we've found." he sighed sadly, "I think it would be best if we just cancel dinner with the Hayes'."

He can't mean the Arden case, can he?

I mean he has to as it has been at a standstill for a while and there have been no real leads or anything for what feels like months now. There hasn't been a day or night that I haven't thought about all of the endless possibilities that this case could have or manage to end in; so, if my father knows something you best believe I'm going to know about it as well.

My eyes widened, "What case?"

"Not now Eden!" Sam snapped as he looked at his fancy golden watch on his wrist, "Dad you're going, you haven't sat down with all of the Hayes' in ages let alone just Foster so you put what needs to go away, away, and let's go."