69 ➳ Beautiful and Damaged

RUNNING 

FOR MILES

MILES POV

It's four fifteen and the four of us are sitting here in Eden's living room in complete and utter silence. I've been stealing glances at everyone, we all share the exact same numb and tired faces. Everyone's cheeks were rosy red from the River's fireplace.

To be fucking honest all I want in this pathetic world is for this shitty ass night to be the fuck over already. All I want to do is take Eden to my place and hold her till she feels okay, but I know for a fact that probably won't be for a few months, maybe even a year or two.

And I don't blame her.

Bad thing after bad thing has happened tonight, I thought that I had it the worst when my mother died and left me behind when I was younger but no; no one has it worse than the beautiful and damaged Eden Rivers.

She was raped tonight, by her now ex-boyfriend. She saw me being held at knifepoint by her now ex-boyfriend. She slit her arm in an attempt to save me from that cunt. She then drowned and killed him in the lake.

She set herself free tonight.

The thing about Eden is that she isn't a monster like me, I cared when I killed Arden but it slowly went away as I hated him and I wanted to kill him, but unfortunately for her, she is so human, she cares so much about everyone and everything.

So, when she killed Boston and watched his pathetic body sink down to the bottom of the lake, all these emotions came out of her, shock, sadness, and maybe even slight regret. Those emotions made her stiff, numb, to everyone and everything around her.

It's like what she had done had frozen her solid, she didn't utter a word even though I hugged her and told her that everything was going to be okay and that we can fix this but she didn't say anything she just cried on my shoulder and I allowed her to.

If things weren't worse enough for her tonight, there was still something to add to her already sad and numb mind. As her father came into the room she told us that just over two hours ago, Sam Rivers was pronounced dead.

At first, I didn't believe it when sheriff Rivers told us the news. Sam Rivers was my idol, I wanted to be him so bad, I wanted to play lacrosse just like he did, I wanted to be everyone's favorite person just like he was.

Sadly, I knew it was true when Mr. Rivers had tears in his eyes as he started to tell us what had happened to him, he had apparently hung himself upstairs in his room. Eden remained strong; I seriously don't know how but I could tell her mind was racing, so I slung my arm over her shoulders and pulled her into me in hopes it would help ease her.

"I've got some officers dragging the lake." Mr. Rivers said as he stood before us in his living room, adjusting his army green jacket. "Boston's body has already shifted from where you said that he had originally sunk." Eden offered me a look of worry. "But we did find something. . ."

What the fuck did they find now?

Oh shit, if the words 'Arden Rosen' come out of his mouth, so help me god.

"What did you find?" Lila asked the question that we were all wondering.

Sheriff Rivers shifted uncomfortably. "Well, legally, I should not be telling any of you, but I am sure that it will be all over the news within a matter of hours."

It took everything within me to try not to show any emotion that would give away that I already know what he is talking about. I tried to steal a glance at Lakyn but he kept his eyes glued onto Noah Rivers so I did the same hoping that Noah didn't see my glance.