36 ➳ Eden Likes Hale?

RUNNING

FOR MILES

My soul plan and one thing that I was determined to do when I moved away from Boston and here to Dayton Lakes was to start completely fresh and make peace my one priority. I was never once at peace when I was with Boston, maybe for a little but that went up in flames pretty quick, it was always yelling, fighting, fists were thrown and the cops being called, which would then result in lies and fake smiles.

Completely and utterly toxic and not at all peaceful, if you ask me.

Now back to my plan, my plan was to find peace and only let peace into my life. I was going to deliberately avoid certain people in an attempt to protect my already broken mental, physical, and spiritual state.

I was stupid for even attempting that. I was stupid to ever think that I would be able to regain peace in my life again due to being so broken and abused by someone that I loved at one point.

Though I do have to thank Lila Hales. I know what you're thinking, why Lila of all people? She was just downright vile towards you when she didn't even know you. Yes, she was all of that and more but as we've become friends, I fully understand why she did that to me, and yes it bought me down but she has also managed to help me.

She was there for me through a lot more then both my mother and Boston had been and they were the two people that I needed and depended on the most at that time. Lila pretty much saved me when red had drugged me, she made sure that I tried to sober up and not be a complete idiot in front of my brother.

Then there have been the multiple times where she has sat down, away from our phones, and genuinely talked about everything and anything that we've ever thought about or felt in our lives with no judgment what so ever. There was the rooftop at Arden's party, then there was the swing set and multiple other times when I've stayed at Lila's house or even when we are together.

Lila Makes me happy. She makes me feel like I have some peace in my life, even though there have been heaps of dramatic and chaotic events I've never once lost the peace that she had managed to bring back to me.

But Miles Hale? 

He was someone I should never have let in. I should never have never mistaken his well-hidden mask as his true self. His mask was made to make people think he was a king, a loving and caring king, that would always protect his loyal subjects.

He showed me his true self that night. The night of the Ridgewood party. He showed me that even if someone shows you a nice guy smile and treats you like royalty, you can never fully trust them. Hale has perfectly shown that he is an angel but at the same time has shown he has always had devils' blood within his veins.

How have I managed to somewhat fall for another devil? I'm pretty sure one was more than enough.

Bang!

My eyes popped open to see a big pile of books a few inches from my face, I looked around startled as laughed was heard throughout the whole classroom. In front of me stood none other than Poppy Huntington standing right in front of me.

Before I was able to give the rat a piece of my mind an old squeaky voice spoke, "Eden! Pay attention otherwise, you will get after-school detention!"

I rolled my eyes and nodded at the old lady who probably has six or seven cats waiting for her to feed their fat, black-furred bellies, in her small witch's cottage in some swamp somewhere in the forests between Ridgewood and Dayton Lakes.

Ms. Spellman said as I couldn't take my eyes off of the large wart on her pointed nose that was also placed on her wrinkled face, "Poppy, please take a seat dear."