18 ➳ In A Friend Way

R U N N I N G

F O R   M I L E S

"No, that skirt will look perfectly fine with that top." I told Hanna for what felt like the millionth time.

Hanna smiled widely, "I don't know, you don't think it makes me look fat?" She asked as she did a slow twirl on the Face-time call.

I had to admit, I missed her face, she had one of those smiles that instantly make you feel happy. It is contagious. She was one of those naturally pretty girls, long wavy black hair, porcelain skin and captivating eyes, I used to be so jealous of her because she looks beautiful regardless of what she is wearing or doing.

"You're nowhere near fat!" I exclaimed, "Besides, that skirt makes your butt look good; all eyes are going to be on you." I said trying to hype her up the best I could, "Or your ass, more likely."

Hanna rolled her eyes, but smiled nonetheless, "You promise?" she asked as she walked over to her mirror and glanced into it.

I nodded, "I promise, I wouldn't lie to you about that." I said truthfully as I laid on my bed.

For the past hour and a half, I've been trying to help Hanna figure out what she's going to wear to some jocks party tonight.

His name was Ethan, he used to be friends with Boston before he turned toxic. When we got together, all of his friends seemed to drop like flies, I never had many friends, but the ones I did seemed to disappear slowly too, Hanna was the only friend Boston did not feel threatened by.

Ethan is much like Boston, minus all his spiteful traits. He is confident, he has everyone wrapped around his finger because he is popular.

I never knew why Boston chose me of all people, he could have had any girl in Green Meadow, but he chose me. The girl with barely any friends and no sense of style, the girl with chipped black nail polish that uses sarcasm as a defence mechanism and makes suicidal jokes on a daily basis.

I used to wish he had chosen someone else, but now I am glad he chose me, no one deserves to go through what I did, not in a million years.

"Thanks, E." Hanna replied as she came back over to her phone, "Oh, and before I go. . ."

I sighed, please don't be about Boston, please.

"Remember Isobel, that girl we did the chemistry project with?"

I groaned, not prepared for what she was about to say, "Yes, I remember her."

She was a nice girl, much like Hanna, except she had more popularity.

"She tried getting with Boston, because everyone knows since you moved, he is officially single." she began to explain, "He fucked her up pretty bad, E. Like really bad."

My eyes widened and suddenly all the saliva in my mouth disappeared as I felt like a fish out of water, gasping for air. Why, Boston? I felt like shouting. You hurt me enough, please don't hurt anyone else.

"W-What?" I asked in shock, "He hurt her? Why?"

Hanna shrugged, "Apparently she was throwing herself at him and he had no choice, but no one believes him." she explained as she toyed with her hair, "Her arm is broken and she has a black eye, I'm pretty sure she's transferring schools now. No one cares though, cause it's Boston, he's the school's famous quarterback."

My eyes watered, "God, I can't believe this."

"He never did anything like that to you. . ." she trailed, "did he?" she pried.