34 ➳ This Taste's Like Shit

RUNNING

FOR MILES

"YOU OPEN IT!" Lila shouted at me as she threw a large white envelope towards me, where I was comfortably sitting on Lila's bed with my legs dangling off of the edge. I sighed loudly giving into her as I didn't want her to keep yelling and disturb the rest of the large mansion.

The reasoning for me being at Lilas large house is due to the pure fact that todays is the Ridgewood party. I had been awoken to multiple calls and texts from Lila threatening me and telling me that if I wasn't awake and at her house soon, I would be dreadfully sorry.

When I had actually turned up at Lila's house late this afternoon which was nowhere later than three or four, she had completely turned her room upside down trying to find the perfect outfit to wear at this stupid party. She wanted to wear a fancy designer dress that hadn't left her room yet and she claimed that she was dying to wear it, I had crushed that idea as I had reminded her that this wasn't a party like Arden's it was a party in the dirty part of town.

She agreed and then continued to rummage around for an outfit, she had then come across a plain white silk dress with a low neck and a tight fit, it looked absolutely perfect on her without being too much. But then it was my turn. Lila forced me into a two-piece set, consisting of a silk top—which was more of a bra—that had a plunging neckline and a little black silk skirt.

It was something that I would never ever be caught in. When I had told her that I looked absolutely radicicols in what she had forcefully placed my body into, she slapped me on the shoulder and insisted that I looked more than beautiful and that I should own it.

I drew the line at wearing heels because I know for a fact, I can't walk in them and if I was, they would be off before I even walked into the house holding the party. I slipped my black Converse back onto my feet, as I wanted to be able to know I could sprint out of there if the police had turned up, while lila went with heels like always. '

I'll never understand how that girl can wear those god-awful things.

For the hair and make-up portion, Lila had kept it simple, doing nothing but a small amount of mascara and lip-balm on the both of us. Lila had kept my hair pin straight like always, but for me, she decided to pull my long brown hair into a neat and slicked back ponytail, she said something about wanting to show off my high cheek bones and jawline or something.

The process of getting ready took longer than expected as it was almost nine, but we were in no rush considering the party had only begun an hour ago at this point and we wanted to arrive fashionably late according to Lila. All we were waiting on now, was for the boys to get here, considering they are going to drive us there to save gas and having to bring more than one car.

Somehow, I managed to catch the feather like envelope as I rolled my emerald eyes, "You open it!" I shouted back, "You would've gotten in, Lila. You're like unbelievably smart." I tried to reassured the pretty blonde that paced her room trying not to bite her nails off, "That brain inside of your head is big as hell."

I watched as she rolled her wavy ocean blue eyes at me, "White envelopes are for rejection letters. Yellow ones are for acceptance letters." She started smartly yet I caught the slight bit of fear which had tangled itself with the smartness, "That is a white envelope, Eden. My life is officially ruined. Please, just open it." Lila stressed as she pinched the bridge of her perfect nose, while adding a sigh and continuing to pace around her room.

Deciding on just opening the letter to shut Lila up and to also find out for myself even though I'm one hundred percent sure she got in and is worrying for nothing, I sent her one last look before I slowly ripped open the white envelope off and pulling the slip of paper out..