33 ➳ I Don't Do Relationships

RUNNING

FOR  MILES

In this very moment, Lila's castle seemed to be the only warm place in this unfair damn town as It had snowed again this week, leaving everything within its imaginary path white and obviously freezing cold.

But Lilas house wasn't the only place in this fucked uptown that I could take shelter in from the bitter cold snow. I'm pretty sure that this place would be almost warmer and somewhat better than Lila's picture-perfect household.

The place that I am talking about isn't necessarily a building or even a place like a beach, instead, it's a certain brown-eyed boy's arms.

Miles Hale's arms to be exact.

The boy that has been kissed by an angel and yet at the same time been tainted by Satan himself.

Miles has had extreme power over me. He's had the power to make me feel the safest I have felt in a very long time, he has had the power to make me pretty much jump his bones with just one kiss.

But the most powerful thing that he has managed to make me feel is... hurt.

A few nights in a row I had stayed up into the early hours of the morning due to the vivid images clouding my mind, the images of Hales soft and plump lips that had once been attached to mine, were then latched onto Poppy Huntington's red glossy ones.

I was perfectly aware that this could have happened but I seriously didn't expect it to happen at that moment of time.

At that moment, when Kian had rudely disturbed our peace, both Lila and I had needed him. We needed him to be there, we needed his protection, well more so her than me. But he wasn't there, he wasn't there to cool down all the rage that was going through Kian.

Maybe that whole situation between Lila, Lakyn, and Kian could have been completely avoided if Hale was there and wasn't swapping spit with Poppy.

That also somewhat goes for Lakyn, he wasn't there straight away but he had got to Lila's aid way sooner than Hale, Lilas actual best friend.

But again, there is hope. I won't forget about the concern and somewhat regret, I think, that was laced onto his face when he had seen me. It could have only been due to how red and puffed I was from running from one side of the academy to the other due to how unfit I am but I knew deep down he didn't want me to see him kissing another girl.

"Does this make me look fat?" Lila asked me as she stepped out of her wardrobe, wearing a white tennis skirt that sat tightly around her waist and flared out at her hips.

I sighed, dangling my feet off the end of Lilas perfect made bed as I rolled my emerald green eyes for the millionth time today, "No, Lila. It looks amazing, everything you wear looks perfect because your body is amazing." I said matter-of-factly, "Just get dressed so that we can go!"

Lila rolled her blue eyes, "God," I glared at her, "I apologize that I wanted your opinion."

I sent Lila a hard stare that said: don't be like that. "I gave you my opinion!" I exasperated, "That skirt looks just as good as the last thirty that you showed me."

She scoffed, "You just want me to hurry so that you can go see your imaginary boyfriend Hale." Lila pouted, talking in a child-like voice to irritate obviously try and irritate me which had unfortunately worked, so I sent her a harsh death glare.

"Shut the fuck up." I half-joked, laying back against Lila's comfortable mattress, "You're just getting dressed up for your supposed enemy, miss-we-hate-each-other-it's-not-like-that." I mimicked her like the child I am.