28 ➳ Pinky Promise

RUNNING

FOR  MILES

Four hours.

Four continuous hours of Hale and Lakyn yelling at me to drive better. Four hours of Lakyn complaining in the back seat that the songs I was playing were shit. Four hours of Hale crunching on his Oreo's. Four hours of Lila shivering and letting out soft snores.

The ride home sucked a whole lot more then I could have ever imagined.

So, I was more than thrilled when I drove past the old snow-covered sign that readout, Welcome to Dayton Lakes. I wanted to cry happy tears when I then drove into the gates of Dayton Estate.

It was crazy to see how much snow-covered anything and everything within your eyesight. It was like the once sleepy town known as Dayton Lakes was transformed into a Christmas winter wonderland type of thing that you would see in magazines.

It was kind of breathtaking and beautiful.

First, I dropped off Lakyn who carried Lila's sleeping body out of the car and into his house but not before arguing with Hale over the fact that he had to take Lila with him.

Secondly, I drove around the lake to drop Hale off.

"I'll be over at seven to get you." Hale said as I pulled into his driveway.

Peering over at Lila's dashboard clock, it read six-thirty, my eyes widened. There is no way that I will be able to get ready in thirty minutes.

I'm not trying to be a girly girl because I am far from being one but it's going to take a few minutes to get back home and then I'll have to go up and have a shower and let me tell you after today I would really like to have a long one which I guess I won't be able to do now and then lastly I'll have to figure out what to wear.

And I'm pretty sure when I say this every girl can pretty much relate to, it takes at least six outfit changes and like three mental break downs and one time to rip all your clothes off and thinking of a really good excuse to not go.

"Let's see how nicely you can dress in half an hour." Hale smirked at me as he looked me up and down and then slapped the door shut.

I shook my head and wound down the window, "I can't do that in thirty minutes!"

"Times ticking Princess." he yelled as he walked up his steps and tapped his wrist to send the message that I need to hurry.

I rolled my eyes as I pressed on the gas pedal and made my way quickly back to around the lake and making sure to swiftly but carefully pull into my driveway. I jumped out of her car and locked it as I ran into my house and up the stairs.

There's no way I would have had enough time to drop Lila's car back at hers so I guess it'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

"Wait where are you going?!" a voice yelled.

Crap. Sam.

I ignored him as I rushed to my room and shut the door and made sure to lock it, I seriously don't have time to deal with him right now. I need to hurry up and get ready so that Hale doesn't think that I blew him off or something even though I really do want to text him an excuse as to why I can't come but I would feel horrible as I did tell him I would give him a chance.

So after about a five- or ten-minute shower, I'm onto figuring out what to wear and let me tell you I've been struggling due to my brother banging on my door and yelling at me to come out.

"I'll be out soon, go away!" I had yelled at him as I made my way into my closet.

I sifted and searched through the mess of clothes that were mainly on the floor of the small space. I didn't know what I would need to wear for this 'Date' and something tells me even if I asked him where or what we were doing he wouldn't tell me at all.