38 ➳ Baby Steps

RUNNING

FOR MILES

There is only one word I would use to describe how I am feeling right now and that would be excitement.

Prom is in less than an hour and a half as it is currently four-thirty, which means prom starts at six. Lila had insisted that we girls get ready at her house as we had decided on letting Lila do all of our hair and make-up.

But I'm not excited for prom, I'm actually far from it and I was still trying to think of ways to get out of it, I was even hoping I would break my ankle or something from the heels Lila will probably try and force me into wearing. So, what I am actually excited about is the food. The lovely and large amount of five-star level food being served to us this evening.

I guess a little part of me was also excited about going to prom as I was going to look absolutely stunning. I was going to show everyone at school that I am capable of looking like a model and not a garbage bag.

A little part of me was hoping a certain six foot four, the brown-haired idiot would drool over me and regret what he had done and said to me the other night at the Ridgewood party.

Most proms have a theme, normally they are under the sea, enchanted forest, and even masquerade, but the academy had chosen to make us look back at our childhoods and let us relive the night as our favorite princesses.

Personally, mine would have to be Mulan hands down. My reasoning is because she isn't really a princess but she puts her family before herself as she literally goes to war for her family name as there were no sons in her family and she did not want her elderly father to go back to war, so she dressed up as a boy and used her smarts to save all of China.

In the end, she is also given the opportunity to have all the power and rich's she could have ever wanted but instead but she had already done her duty which was saving china and most importantly her family. She was also selfless as she had never had a second thought about taking a sword for her friends.

My face had pretty much dropped when I had asked Lila who her favorite princess was and she had said 'I do not know; I have never seen any of the films.' I wanted to scream at her but instead, I sat her down at her house with some snacks and made her watch all of them.

Lila had agreed with me which I was very thankful for.

But when she had stated that I looked a lot like princess Jasmine I had to agree with her. Both princess Jasmine and I have long dark hair, tanned skin, and slim figures. Yes, I don't have black hair and I don't have brown eyes but hey close enough right?

So that is who my dress was going to be based on and I couldn't have been more pleased especially when Lila had insisted that she would make my dress. I pretty much squealed like a pig being picked up as I asked and made sure that she didn't mind doing it as it was her true calling to life or something.

When I had asked her who her dress was going to be based on, she had said Rapunzel. Rapunzel was pretty much perfect as she just like Lila had blonde hair, a pale skin tone, and a slim figure. She would also look stunning in a lilac-colored dress.

"So, Eden." Blaire began as Lila sectioned off my hair and curled a strand of it. "I never did find out. Why did you transfer so late in the semester?"

Blaire was done first, she laid on Lilas bed listening to the house shaking music with a tight scowl on her face as she looked over at both Lila and I awaiting my answer.

"Blaire!" Lila growled at her friend.

I inhaled deeply, closing my eyes for a brief second before opening them, my anger could probably be seen through my emerald-like eyes as they bored into Lila's who shared the same annoyed look plastered to her bare face.