20 ➳ As In Lakyn Westbrook?

RUNNING

FOR  MILES

It's the day after the detention, in other words the most excruciatingly painful sixty minutes of my whole damn life. Well maybe not my life as a certain someone has managed to do far worse things to me than make me put dusty books back on shelves and talking to four of the most irritating people I've ever met in my life.

But hey, I got to look on the bright side, it could have been a million times worse. I could have been stuck in a room with Boston Kain.

I'm currently waiting for my brother to come and get me from school so that we can go home and then go to Melrose's café to get dinner for dad who is working late tonight.

Yesterday when I got home late as hell, I was too embarrassed to tell my father and brother that I had to stay back for a detention that was technically all my fault because I dropped food on Lila first but I knew that both my father and brother would want the whole story and I don't want to annoy them with my pathetic problems.

I simply just told them that I went to Melrose's after school and did some studying, it wasn't one of my best lies but it was something that could be partly believed.

Two car horn beeps are sounded through the academy's parking lot bought me out of my thoughts, quickly snapping my head towards the noise I'm met with Sammy's car.

"Hi." I greeted Sam as I got into his car.

"Hey kiddo, how was school?" he asked as he took the car out of park and started to make his was out of the car park.

I sighed, "It was okay, I guess."

"Holy shit!" Sam yelled as two cars came speeding up behind us and then over took us unnecessarily fast.

I knew both the drivers; One, Miles Hale and Two, Lakyn Westbrook who came a lot closer to us then Hale.

"What a fucking dick." I swore as Sam shook his head at the two now far away sports cars.

"What? I thought you were friends with that dick, even though I told you not to." Sam asked as we turned out of the academy's gates.

I could feel his eyes on me, ""Not anymore", I said as I took a breath and gave in, "Let's just say you can say 'I told you so.'"

"Seriously? Shit Eden what happened?" he asked concerned.

Where do I start? The part where I asked him for drugs which somehow sparked a mini friendship or the part where I tried trusted him and he went and told everything to his enemy?

"I tried to trust him." I said slowly, "Well I really thought I could and I haven't felt like I could trust someone in ages so I told him pretty much everything about me and then he just shows me why I don't trust anyone and why I can't let anyone close to me."

Sam was quiet, way too quiet until he finally said "I'm gonna fucking kill him."

"Don't be ridiculous."

"I'm being dead serious; I'm going to kill him."

"Stop saying that, even if you were, I wouldn't let you because even though he's done this shitty thing he was what felt like my almost somewhat best friend." I sighed, "I don't just trust anyone so if I felt as though I could have trusted Lakyn then don't you think he shouldn't be the person you would be wanting to kill right now?"

"I guess." he sighed gruffly, "the first person I would kill would definitely be this Boston guy."

"I wouldn't stop you if it was."