64 ➳ They Will Never Find Him

RUNNING

FOR  MILES

HALE'S POV

"So that's it." I said with a snorted, taking a puff of my poorly rolled joint.

In my defense it was only shitty because I can barely see anything, due to the few beers I had sculled a while ago and probably because if the cocaine I snorted in the bathroom once I had stopped talking to Eden.

It felt good to be near her again, even though she fucking broke up with me for that dick Dallas. There's nothing even that special about him, if anything the only reason she's with him is because he looks like me.

Only a fucking knock-off version, no one is better looking than me; Lakyn's the only exception.

Lakyn nodded, snorting, "Yeah." He huffed. "That's it."

The fucking cops are the reason that my party ended so early, they don't normally come till six the next morning and it's only two am. The only people that are here are me and Lakyn well that was until a few minutes ago when Poppy swayed her boney hips from the shadows with one of her slutty friends.

Poppy Huntington hasn't left me alone ever since Eden and I broke up, she's been glued to my fucking hip and I'm getting sick of it. You'd think after me not being able to get hard over her, she would have taken a hint, but nope she didn't.

Me and big man down there don't like the smell of fish and STD's.

"Do you want to. . .maybe go upstairs or something?" Poppy's slutty friend asked Lakyn ash she tried to batter her eyelashes at him but it just looked like she was awkwardly trying to wink.

Lakyn gave the girl a look of pure disgust as he shook his head. "Nah."

I tried to hold a laugh as the girls once flirty face dropped into a hurt one. She fucking hilarious if she thought that it was going to be that easy to get with Lakyn. Normally he preys on and girl that looks easy and has a good body, he likes big tits, I'm more of an ass man myself.

But due to current circumstances, his type has changed, from easy sluts to my pretty blonde-haired best friend, going by the name of Lila Hayes.

"You know, when people talked about Lakyn Westbrook the proclaimed asshole of Dayton Academy, I thought he can't be that bad, can he?" she said grabbing her purse which was covered in sparkly shit, I will never understand why chicks dig that type of shit, "You can't even pretend to like someone."

Lakyn then cleared his throat and laughed, "I am." He replied nonchalantly. "Pretending, that is. A bit of an asshole too. But only sometimes." I smirk.

"Dick." she retorts, as she reached for lip gloss I think that's what Lila and Eden called it, "So, what happened to you and Lila?"

Oh, shit here we go.

I sat back in my chair as I awkwardly tried to move around so that I was comfortable but Poppy's small boney ass was making it very hard for me to get comfortable. I tried moving around a few more times before poppy finally took the hint and stood up and off of my lap where I was then able to get comfortable.

But then she sadly plopped back down onto my lap. She sat sideways as she swiftly wrapped her arms around my neck and lent her head onto my chest. It didn't feel right, it felt as if I were cheating on Eden even though we are broken up.

I guess it felt so weird because it wasn't her. it wasn't fucking Eden. it felt wrong because, after her, no one is good enough, so even though I want nothing but to bury myself between a million other girls' legs, I just can't. I sound like a fucking pussy but I just don't think I'm ready for anyone else yet.