𝐒𝐈𝐗 | Back To Strangers

Sahara's POV

"What are you doing? Let go of me, Amira." I jerked my arm to free myself from her but failed to succeed.

When we got to the restroom, she pushed me inside before finally releasing my arm.

"What's wrong with you?" I scowled at her.

"No, I'm the one who should be asking you that question." she fired back at me.

"What? Why?"

"Do you have any idea who you're dealing with out there? You're trying to show who's the boss in here or what?" she snapped her fingers.

"So what? You don't know what actually happened to me last night. He disrespected me in front of the whole crowd and you think I'm just gonna let it go."

"I know, okay? But please..." she clasped her hands together.

"He's the leader of the most feared gang in this town. Aren't you afraid of him? You should be lucky that you're a girl or else you'd be lying dead on the floor by now."

Honestly, I didn't know whether I should be grateful to her for saving me from whatever could have happened to me if she wasn't there just in time before I do something stupid or slap her right in the face for jeopardising my plan.

A few seconds ago, I was actually thinking about ordering myself a chocolate smoothie so that I could pour it onto his head in front of all the people in here. Then, only then I'll be happy.

Soon, I heard the door to the restroom opened and I saw Daniel approaching us. He was a friend of mine from high school and he works here too. Daniel, Amira and I attended high school together, graduated together and even work together here.

"Excuse me? Hunter Gerard requested you to wait their table." he informed us, his eyes fixed to mine.

"What?! Why me?" I asked annoyed.

"Sahara, could you just please go out there? I know you're stubborn and you don't like having someone to tell you what to do but that's not the point right now."

"We're gonna be pissing in our pants if you upset him. God knows what he would do. Worst, he would've burned this whole place down." he exaggerated, pleading me to go and wait their table.

"Yea, Sahara. Please..." Amira begged, grabbing a hold of my arm.

I sighed before finally giving in, "Fine."

"Fine. I'll do it. I'll do it for you guys, okay?" I said to both of them and they sighed in relief.

"God bless you." Daniel smiled.

"Sure."

We made our way out of the restroom and I kept on walking until I finally reached the table where the boys were sitting proudly with their backs leaned againts the white steel chairs.

"You took your time." I felt his sharp gaze skimming over me as he hissed those words.

"I'm sorry for keeping you waiting, sir." I faked an apologetic tone and let my gaze fell down onto the floor.

Sorry but I'm not sorry.

"Look at me." he demanded and I knew I had to obey what he told me to so I lifted my head back up.

The look on his face has it all. Little did I know, it brings out the odd feelings inside of me. I felt like a stranger to him. I mean we are strangers but it seems like we've just gotten to a new start. Though our first meeting last night took a wrong turn, still he should've said something about it.

Somehow, I'm surprised that he just kept his mouth shut and acted like nothing ever happened between us.

We shared a few moments of silence as he kept his emerald green eyes on me while tapping his fingers on the table. I just had to reduce the awkwardness so I took a quick glance down at his long fingers and saw the tattoos inked on them.

There is a spade on his middle finger and a heart on the ring finger also an arrow tattooed perfectly on the index finger.

I wasn't sure if those tattoos matched his other hand but from what I just saw, he is not the kind of guy that has tattoos all over his arms or body like those tattoo artists usually have. Some of them were probably invisible and hidden somewhere under his clothes.

'Alright, time out!? Wake up and come back to reality!'

"Uh, I'm sorry. What would you like to order?" my voice came out almost a whisper.

What did actually give me these goosebumps in the first place? Just last night, I was the one who was brave enough to smack the dude right in the face and now I felt like I deserve to be displayed as a mannequin doll in front of these mafias?

I was literally screaming at myself for being so nervous and quiet. They will probably think that I'm weak.

"I don't know. You tell me." he said, filling up his tone with more sarcasm.

'Arghhh! If only I could punch him one more time in his perfect teeth.'

Fuhhhhhh...

'Sahara, pull yourself together. He's only here to get something to eat and then he'll be on his way before you know it, okay? Deep breathes.'

"Well, we've got the best pancakes and eggs here. If you prefer them in the morning, I shall serve you gentlemen that." I forced a smile on my face, knowing that it wasn't worth flashing it for these guys.

He sighed and leaned back against his seat with his fingers still drumming on the table, "Sure, whatever you say."

"I'll have that too." the other guy interrupted and I gazed at his friend who was sitting next to him.

"Same." he nodded.

"Coming right up." I nodded and excused myself from them.

Have a nice day 💕
Don't forget to vote yaaaaa 🙏🏻