𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | Accompany Me

"Sahara?" I felt someone gripping my arm as I made my way towards the kitchen. I turned my head to the side and saw Amira was looking at me completely confused and...

A little bit scared to be exact.

"Well?" she asked, giving me a confusing look.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Nothing. He just wanted me to bring something for him."

"Oh, you know what?" she grabbed my hand and led me back to the counter where I left the cupcakes.

"What are you doing?"

She smiled then took on of those cupcakes and put it flat on her hand, "Why don't you bring him one of this cupcakes along with his breakfast?"

"And why is that?" I rested my hands on my hips.

"I don't know. Maybe he'll like it too because I do." she grinned nervously and I rolled my eyes.

I snatched the cupcake from her hand, "We're not making amends, okay? It's not like I'm gonna be friends with that mafia anyway."

"Maybe you should start making amends then, or you're gonna get us all killed if that gang leader loses his temper or something."

"Yeah, thank you so much for the wise option. I thought you're gonna be backing up your bestfriend." I said sarcastically and she frowned.

"It's not like that, Sahara. You know everyone's afraid of him. You better stop being so stubborn and start being nice to him before you're in for it one day."

"Arghhh, fine! Enough of your drama. I'm gonna fix him something before he burn this entire place down." I took the cupcake with me and went straight into the kitchen.

***************

After I had finished preparing his breakfast, I grabbed the cupcake and put it on a small plate with a fork beside it before placing the plates into the tray to serve.

I carried the tray carefully and made my way out of the kitchen, heading towards Hunter who was looking through his phone when I got to the table.

"Your breakfast." I said, trying to get his attention.

"Yea." he responded but didn't look at me as he was too busy with his phone. Jerk!?

"Okay then..." 

When I was about to turn on my heels and walk away, I heard Hunter clearing his throat.

"Where do you think you're going, Sahara?" green eyes flashed up at me.

"I'm gonna continue with my work, of course. Besides, you've already gotten your breakfast. There's no need for me to be here..." he stopped me by putting one finger in the air.

"Who says there's no need for you to be here anymore?"

"Errr...I-I...Urmmm..."

"I want you to stay here with me until I finish my breakfast. That's an order." my jaw dropped to the ground after he said that. 

Is he for real? He have the balls to give out orders now? What's his deal today?

"W-What did you just say?" I finished in a whisper.

"You heard me. Come and sit with me." 

The breath catches in my lungs, heat rushing to my cheeks. Rushing to every part of me.

At the same time, making an effort to figure out what was the real deal between us?

"Sit down, Sahara." he ordered but this time, in a higher tone.

I was left with my mouth agape and sat down approached from him.

What in the world just happened?

"What about my work? Mr. Ryan's gonna kill me if he sees me sitting here with you." 

Intense green eyes narrowed at me and I sensed a debate coming soon, I sucked in a breath when he did that. 

"I'm the one who's going to kill you if you don't do what I say." he leaned back and crossed him arms.

"Trust me, Mr. Ryan wouldn't even dare to say a word about it. Aren't you afraid of me, Sahara?" his voice dripping with proud and threat, stealing my power to speak.

I dropped my gaze and bit my bottom lip, "Yes."

To be honest, the reality of seeing him in this state sent panic and pain slicing inside of me. Just yesterday, he was a hero for saving my life and dropping me home but now...

He is a completely different man.

"Good." he nodded, dropping his phone on the table and started eating.

I sat there, the gang leader sitting opposite of me. He was dressed in all black as usual, a black plain t-shirt, thick jacket and dark jeans with his hair pushed up.

He shoved his mouth with toast, eggs, pancakes, sausage and fried potatoes into his gaping mouth, stuffing it until full. I kept staring at him, watching every move that he made. He does eat a lot. 

When he was almost done, he licked his freshly lips and my eyes were drawn to the metal ring hanging on the bottom lip. I watched him as he grabbed a delicate napkin and wiped his mouth with it before speaking.

"Are you enjoying yourself, Sahara?" he asked, tapping his fingers on the table.

"What?"

"You know that you've been spending the last few minutes of your time staring at me." he clarified, those green eyes knowing. Does he enjoy my stalkerish?  

"Sorry." I pressed my lips together.

"Anyway..." he trailed off while standing up from the table and dug out something from his pocket.

"Thanks for the breakfast and your time." he placed some money on the table and left. I found myself hard to take my eyes off him so I watched him as he walked out of the cafe until he was out of sight.

After he had vanished, I gazed down at the money on the table and finally noticed the cupcake on the plate. He left the cupcake untouched. I thought to myself that maybe he didn't enjoy cupcakes as much as everyone does.