𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 | Sorry Not Sorry

Hey guys! 👋🏻
I'm very sorry for not updating soon and frequently anymore 🙏🏻
Just so you guys know that my holiday is already over and I'm at the university now so I have a lot of stuff to do 😭
I'll be updating the new chapters soon, I promise ❤️

Sahara's POV

I woken up to find myself not in my small bed or even in the protection of my house. I found myself awoken in another world, a world filled with sorrow and suffering.

All my life I had feared of losing someone I love. As for me, there would always be tomorrow and the day after to get one more look at their faces. But there came a day when we just have to accept the fact that nothing last forever in this fragile life. Given that we all have to die somehow, it was a tragic end in my life.

Death came to mom like a shot from behind. One moment she was holding me tightly in her arms, everything it felt so right, like nothing could go wrong, the next she was already gone.

Life had taken a huge part of my life from me that I couldn't get back even if I wanted to. Even if I cried a river for her to come back to me, there was nothing left for me to do but just remember all the sadness and frustration and let it go.

"Yes, she's here with me." Quinn said to someone on the phone from the other room. But I wasn't feeling curious about the person calling her at all because I only got one thing stuck in my mind which is my mom.

"No, she's not talking at all. She wouldn't take to anyone including me." she added to whoever that someone was.

For the past few hours, I've been isolating myself in this massive bedroom, curled up into a ball in this cozy bed. Cold and alone.

I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, couldn't do anything. The least I could do was cry. Cry that God would take this misery away from me.

My eyes were swollen and began to hurt from crying nonstop since I stumbled upon her body that was lying on the kitchen floor in our house.

According to the paramedics and police officers, I learned that mom was indeed dead. But I already knew it the moment I saw her unmoving body. I just refused to believe such a thing. They made it clear that mom died of cancer. The shattered glass that was found near her body spoke that she was taking her pills for her headache before she finally collapsed onto the floor. The headache. The headache that we all thought was a common problem for someone her age, was actually a time bomb that would've exploded any time now.

"Sahara?" Quinn's voice woke me up from the worst nightmare of my life. But I just kept my silence and continued staring at the wall.

"Sahara, please eat something or at least just have some water. It's been a day." the only person left who cares about me pleaded into my ear, trying to get through me.

I attempted to not but my body wouldn't function with my mind. I didn't know what to do. The suffering was killing me slowly from the inside and out. I wasn't sure how I could take it anymore or when it would come to an end.

Waiting for me to respond her was like waiting for something that would never come.

She sighed then stroked my hair gently with her fingers, "It's okay if you don't wanna talk to anyone yet, Sahara. I'm trying to understand what you're going through. I'll leave you alone for now so that you can rest."

I watched her as she poured a glass of water for me and left it on the bedside table before exiting the room.

A few more hours of silence went by and there was a knocking on the door. I cocked my head up but didn't feel like answering the door.

Shortly after, the door cracked opened and she was the last person I expected to show up. After all the shit she had put mom through, it even hurts just to look at her face.

She made her way in slowly and her fingers were joined together in front of her, "I heard about what happened to mom. I'm sorry, Sahara. I didn't know."

The moment I heard those words came out from her mouth, my blood was rushing to my head and the urge to speak empowered me, "DON'T YOU EVEN SAY THAT YOU'RE SORRY!? YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO LOSE A MOTHER BECAUSE YOU NEVER EVEN CARE ABOUT HER IN THE FIRST PLACE!?"

The scream from deep within forced its way out of my mouth, it was as if my terrified soul has unleashed a demon. It was enough to tear down these walls.

All I felt was anger, all I felt was that I didn't want to have anything to do with her because her presence would put more sadness and the scars might just won't heal.

"Sahara. Don't be like this. I'm here now." she practically begged, with those innocent blue eyes that hide thousands of deception and sin.

Yet the blood was boiling and these fists clenched as my nostrils flared once hearing her begged, "Get Out!"

"No, I'm not leaving again."

"DIDN'T YOU HEAR ME?! GET THE FUCK OUT!?" I yelled from the top of my lungs, pointing my finger directly towards the door.

"Okay. If that's what you want, I'll leave." she said. If I wasn't mistaken, I saw a glimpse of guilt flashed in her eyes as a result to my reaction. But this time, I didn't have so much left to care for her anymore.

"You know where the door is." I added and immediately looked away from her.

Once she had left, I let out a loud screaming and it tore through me like a great shard of glass. I felt my eyes widened and pulse quicken, my heart was thudding like a thunderstorm. The scream came again, desperate, frustrated and it echoed through the walls of the bedroom.