𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 | Sinister

Sahara's POV

I stood in front of Hunter, on my tip toes to help him with his tie and coat while his hands settled on my hips.

"You look handsome." I smiled, tucking his tie under the collar.

"That's why you're crazy for me, right?" he smirked.

I narrowed my eyes at him and snapped, "I think you're the one who's crazy for me because you begged me to marry you, remember?" I batted my eyelashes as an attempt to tease him.

"Whatever you say, my beautiful wife." he sighed in defeat, throwing his arms around me and buried his head into my neck.

A few seconds later, he pulled away and held both my hands in his, "Can you drive, Sahara?"

'Drive? Why did he ask me that question?'

"Well, I've got my license so yeah..."

"I can drive." I nodded.

It's a good thing that mom had asked me to save up my lunch money during my high school years in case of an emergency or something. After I've graduated from high school, I used the money to pay for a license.

"Good." he said, digging his hand into his pocket and took out the car keys.

He dropped the car keys in my hand, "Here."

"What's this?" I frowned.

"It's the keys to the Mercedes Benz. I want you to keep it, you know? Just in case." he shrugged.

"So..."

"You really gonna let me drive your car?" I peered at me, my heart filled with excitement.

"You're my wife, aren't you? What's mine is yours and what's yours is mine."

"Thank you, Hunter." my arms slipped up his back to hook over his shoulders and snuggled into his chest, breathing him in, forgetting about everything around us and just holding him.

"But don't crash it..."

"If I found some sort of scratch on it when I get back, I'll tie you up to the bed, you hear me?" he whispered into my hair, warning me in a playful way.

"Understood, boss." I tightened up my grip around him, not wanting to let him go even for a second.

We broke from the embrace and he held my chin up to look at him, "I love you, you know that?"

"I know." I said softly.

"I'll be back for you soon, okay?"

"Okay." he bent his head down to kiss me and my eyes closed in relief once his lips touched mine.

For a long time, we remained trapped in perfect union, safe and no longer alone. The world around me slowed, so I could be in this moment. My heart fluttered as I kissed him back, cherishing every second I had with Hunter.

'Oh Allah, please protect his man from all danger and harm. Keep him safe for me. My prayer will always be with you.'

***************

THE CLOCK ON THE WALL TICKED SO SLOWLY. It's provoking me. It's mocking me. It's hurting me with each click of their hands.

The house is cold and empty. There is no one to accompany me today. No, not even the wind as he howls and screeches his way past the windows, leaving me to mourn my way through the long night alone.

From nowhere came the sound of the cordless telephone, ringing, calling for me from the other room down the hallway.

"Hunter?" I exclaimed. Without wasting anymore time, I immediately dashed across the living room to take the call.