𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 | My Dua For You

Hunter's POV

We settled in the car and I began driving somewhere according to the directions that was given by the hijabi.

Every once in a while, I glanced over at her to see what she's up to but all she did was keeping her head down and her mouth shut at all time.

Not long after, the directions that she told me led us to an old, small wooden house at the end of the street, pretty far away from the town.

I stopped the car immediately to scan the surroundings and thought whether I was the one who have made a mistake navigating towards the directions or she actually lives in this...

I don't even know what to describe it.

"Oh, that's the one." she spoke all of a sudden while pointing her small index finger towards what was located in front of us.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me, right?" I huffed, giving her a questioning look and her eyebrows plunged into a frown.

"No, I'm not. That's where I live." she snapped and glared at me intensely with her big blue eyes, obviously challenging me.

Damn!? This girl is something. I thought to myself upon seeing her fearless reactions.

"Who do you live with anyway?" I asked.

"My mom and Jameela, of course."

"Where's your dad then?" I asked again and she turned to look at me.

"That's none of your business." she barked. Before I could respond, she quickly opened the door to the passenger's seat before going out of the car and finally slamming the door to my precious asset.

"What the fuck..." I cursed, watching her as she made her way around the car and straight away to the house.

'DAMN IT!? Why was she so pissed off anyway? I didn't remember doing anything wrong to her or maybe I did. I was just asking her a fucking question about her dad.'

"Oh well, what do I care? She's nothing to me." I told myself in all honesty and hit the road.

Sahara's POV

I can't believe he just asked me those questions. First of all, he seemed surprised at the sight of my shitty little home and then he asked me about where my father is? I know I've kinda over reacted but that's not my fault. I'm just not used to talk about anyone I know to a complete stranger. Well, a stranger that literally saved me from being eaten alive by a couple of drunken teenagers.

I pushed the door opened slowly and began making my way through the small space that I called home, looking around to find my mom. Unfortunately, she was nowhere to be found.

"Mom?" I called.

"Mom? Are you home?" I called once again but even louder this time but still there was nothing.

After that, I went straight into the living room and finally saw her sitting at the dining table with one hand placed on the side of her head.

I approached and she smiled at the sight of my presence, "Are you okay, mom?"

"I'm okay, dear." she nodded.

"Are you sure?" I asked again, wouldn't leave the concerns inside of me alone and put a little fight into it.

"It's just a headache. It happens all the time anyway."

"Oh, don't worry. I'll find something for you." I said and went missing into the kitchen to the fridge. I swung the door opened and started looking around until my eyes found some paracetamol on the top shelf.

"This will do." I said and got back to her with a glass of water in my hand.

"Mom?" I called and she lifted her head up to look at me.

"Take this, maybe it'll help." I handed her the pills and dropped the glass on the table.

I pulled the chair out and plopped down next to her, "You said it happens all the time, why didn't you tell me?"

"Oh dear, I wouldn't want you to worry about me."

"No, mom. It's my job to worry about you. If I'm not here, who's gonna be taking care of you then?"

"I know, dear. It'll go away soon, okay? I promise." she smiled and stroked my cheek with the back of her hand, soothing me completely from my worries.

"Okay." I returned her smile and leaned in to kiss her forehead.

'How could anyone not be worried if they see something wrong with their mother? Of course I'm beyond worried when I see her like this. If she's not around anymore, who's gonna be there for me whenever I needed?'

That night, after I performed Isha prayer, I raised both of my hands up and started praying to Allah, "Oh Allah, I beg for Your forgiveness on behalf of my mom. Give my mom good health, a long life and please protect my mother from anything that wasn't sent by you. Ameen."

Hey, what do you think is wrong with Sahara's mother? 🤔
Keep tuning in to more exciting new chapters coming soon! 🙈
Trust me, you don't wanna miss any of them 💕
Don't forget to vote! ❤️