𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 | Love & Protect

Hunter's POV

Opening the front door to my house, I tossed the keys onto the table beside the door and go in search for Jared.

"Jared? Are you in here?" I called out, making my way into the living room.

"Yea, in here." I heard him calling back from the living room.

When I got into the living room, I saw him sitting on the couch and he immediately stood up as soon as he caught me coming.

"What seems to be the problem, boss?" he asked.

"I want you to watch over someone." I simplified, wouldn't want to explain any detail.

"Of course, and whom will that be?"

"You know the hijabi girl who works at the cafe?"

"The small one with blue eyes?" he rubbed his chin, asking if he had the right person in mind.

"Yea, that one." I snapped my fingers.

"What's wrong with her?" he frowned.

Yeah, like why on earth I would be asking him to watch over her for me?

Before I could form a sentence, he seemed to be able to read my mind and finally got it.

"Ahhh..."

"Is this about what happened to her earlier today? About Jake?"

"What else would it be? That dick is really getting on my fucking nerves right now!" I exclaimed, feeling disgusting every time I say that name.

"Speaking of her, what's her name again?" he rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's Sahara. Sahara Lydia." I informed him. Technically, Quinn was the one who told me her full name. All this time, I only know her by her first name.

"Well well well, you even know her full name. I'm pretty impressed, boss." he grinned, teasing me with those brown eyes.

"Shut up!"

"Look, boss. I hate to piss you off but..."

"But may I ask why?"

If he wasn't my best man, I would've told him to mind his own fucking business but I guess I'll tell him. There's no one else I feel comfortable with other than him.

I let out a long breath and plopped down onto the couch, "I don't know, man."

"I hate to break it to you but it's like there's something about her that makes me care so much about her."

"Why? You've never a give a damn shit about anyone before? What makes her different from the others?" he laughed, this ridiculousness obviously amused him.

"Don't." I said, warning him.

"Sorry, boss." he apologised, trying to keep it cool between us.

I let my head fell into my hands, "Does this mean you're ready to tie the knot?" He chuckled, teasing me and I rolled my eyes.

"Fuck off, will ya?" I groaned.

"I'm just saying. Maybe you'd like to see baby Hunter running around the house." he laughed at his own joke.

After hearing the word 'baby', I quickly lifted my head up and raised both of my hands in surrender, "Wow wow wow! Let's not get to that point yet. You know how I feel about having children."

I don't fucking know what to expect out of marriage, but imagining a girl carrying my child was sure as hell not it. It just scared the shit out of me!

I can't even picture myself being a father one day. Worst, can I really be one? I don't think so. Damn it!

Even if I do get married soon, I wouldn't want any children yet. I'll keep whoever the girl is to myself first because having a baby would definitely ruin everything.

"What? Don't tell me that you prefer to be alone for the rest of your life in this huge mansion with all the money you can have."

Upon hearing those thoughts, I'm starting to get my mind straight again. Even those with half of brains wouldn't want to spend the rest of their fucking lives alone.

"I know it's a lot to take but it might not be a bad idea to think about it."

"I don't know." I spoke in a boring tone as an attempt to shut both of us up and end this fucking topic.

"Can't you just go and do what I asked you to do before I smack that look off your face?" I snapped, shooting him my best death stare.

"Okay. Okay. Calm down, Hunter. I'm going." he shook his head in disbelief while digging out his car keys.

"Don't forget to take someone with you. I don't want her to leave your sight for even a damn second."

"I got it, boss." he nodded in understanding.

"Good."

"I want you to make sure that she's safe. I don't like the idea of that fucking Jake getting anywhere near her again. I'll fucking kill that clown if he touches her." I spitted, meaning every single word.

"I'll protect her with my life, okay? You have nothing to worry about." he patted me on my shoulder and smiled.

"You better be."

Sahara's POV

"Sahara, dear?" my mom called me from me the living room when I was getting myself a glass of milk before bed.

I brought the glass with me and went into the living room to check on her.

"Yes, mom. What is it?" I asked, approaching her.

I felt strange and slightly afraid when I found mom peeking at something outside through the curtains.

"What are you doing, mom?"

Mom turned her full body around towards me with a frown on her face, "I'm worried, Sahara."

"About what? What did you see?"

"Those men in black outside our house." she pointed her index finger on the window.

"Where? Let me see." I said and took a peek.

"Do you see them? I think he is watching us because the black SUV was parked there since this evening."

Yea, mom was right. I did see those men watching directly towards our house but didn't get to take a good look at their faces because it was dark.

I closed the curtains back, walked over to her and landed straight into her arms, "Don't worry, mom. Everything's gonna be okay. As long as we're in the house, we'll be safe."

"I know, dear." she whispered, raking her fingers down my hair.