𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | The Start Of Something New

"Q-Quinn?" I called, my voice was small.

"Yea, it's me." she smiled.

"Oh, I almost forgot. I was the one who changed your clothes for you, not Hunter. He didn't even touch you, okay?" she explained, those soft green eyes soothing me.

"Don't flatter yourself next time." he smirked, rolling his eyes at me and I blushed furiously.

I didn't have the nerves to look at him in the eye anymore. I was so embarrassed of accusing him something he didn't do. He was probably laughing at me. Bastard!? I didn't ask him to come and save me.

God, I hate him!

"Okay." my voice got even quieter.

"How did I get here?"

When I asked that question, Hunter's eyes shifted to Quinn and she gazed up at him, "Can you leave us alone, please?"

"Sure." she nodded, glancing over at me one last time before disappearing into the other room.

Once Quinn had left us, he came and sat down on the edge of the bed. He was so close to me, close enough for me to smell his expensive cologne. Oh my...

"After you passed out, you were covered in filth. So I bought you some new clothes and brought you here." he said placidly.

He bought this nice clothes just for me?

"Thank you." I whispered softly, turning scarlet.

I inspect the clothes on my body. He bought me a purple long blouse, probably an exquisite design of some fancy American blouse and slim dark jeans. Not only that, the flowery design hijab around my head was also beautiful. What was more, they fitted perfectly. I smiled at the thought of him in some hijab store buying this for me.

"Do you like them?" he asked, the corner of his mouth quirked up. Those green eyes found the smile plastered on my lips.

"Yea."

"Good."

"Urmmm..." the thought of him being there at perfect timing to save me from being raped by Jake came flooding through my mind.

How did he know I was there in the first place?

"What is it?"

"How did you find me? Did you use some kind of expensive whatever James Bond stuff to track me down?" I said it with a sense of humor.

"Of course not, Sahara. I was just there." he chuckled.

"Oh."

"Hey, I've also called the doctor to check on you. You're gonna be just fine, Sahara." he ran his fingers through his hair and I knew it was because he felt exasperated.

"You called a doctor to come here too?"

"Yes, Sahara."

When I looked at him, I caught him narrowing his eyes at me. Well, not exactly at me. At something on my cheek perhaps?

"What are you looking at?" I whispered.

Without answering my question, he lunged closer at me on the bed with his hands and my breathing stopped, "You know?"

"What?"

"You have a little cut just below your eye. It probably came from his ring." he reached over for my face and examined it carefully. He then ran his thumb down my cheek and across my lower lip.

"Everything's okay, Sahara." he whispered.

Hunter touching me like this reminded me of the first time he touched me. At the alley.

The warm touch on me...

'SAHARA, WAKE UP!? DON'T LET HIM TOUCH YOU LIKE THAT! NO PHYSICAL CONTACT!?' my mind seemed to bring me back to reality and I pushed his hand away from my face.

"What's wrong? Does it still hurt?" he look back and forth from his hand to me.

"No, it's not that. It's just..." I paused, figuring out the way to explain it to him.

"You can't touch me. I'm not allowed to have any physical contact with the opposite sex." I said but he was still waiting for more explanation.

Arghhh! Is he really dumb or pretending to be dumb?

"You know..."

"My religion." I shrugged.

"I see." his tone was apathetic.

Bed. Hunter. Cut. Jake.

Jake? OH NO! JAKE!

"Oh my God! Jake! What happened to him? Did you kill him?" I asked concerned.

"Wow wow wow! You have nothing to worry about that dick." he spitted bitterly.

"I've already taken care of him." His jaw clenched, but his face remained flat.

"How?"

"I asked my men to deal with him. He's not dead, Sahara. I can assure you that." he sighed, shaking his head and turned his body towards the window.

"And you don't have to worry about me being in jail, alright? The police can't do shit about anything that I do. Even if I murdered someone." he said dryly, revealing his true self to me.

I guess that's the best thing of being a gang leader. No one tells you what to do. That's that!

I just knew that he was still upset about the incident. Why does he care about me so much? I'm not his and he's not mine. What's his real deal?

"I didn't get the chance to say thank you yet." I said and he turned his head to look at me.

"Thank you for saving my life. Again." I lightened up my last word to show honestly.

"Don't mention it, Sahara."

"I'm just glad that you're safe from that fucking dude." he snapped and I just nodded.

"Oh no! Mom." I croaked and Hunter peered at me.

Upon hearing that, he reached over for the drawer and pulled out something. My phone.

"Here, text her so that she knows you're okay." he handed me my phone and I began texting her.

It's a good thing that I forgot to tell her that I finished my shift early today or else she would definitely be wondering where I've been.

After a few moments of silence, he suddenly spoke when I was busy on my phone, "Give me your number. That's an order."

He gazed at me, his green eyes burning with some hidden emotions.

I don't always know what he has in mind because he's being so good at hiding his feelings.

I might have paused a little bit too long until it made him raised his eyebrows at me, "That's an order, Sahara."

"Give it to me now." he demanded.

"Fine." I pouted but gave him my number anyway.

"You're enjoying this aren't you?" I snapped at him.

"What are you talking about now?"

"Giving me orders to do things you wanted." I scowled at him but he didn't answer my thoughts.

Hunter just smirked while looking down at his phone and I rolled my eyes.