𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 | The Truth

I heard a slight knocking on the door and Quinn's voice was calling for me through the door, "Sahara?"

"Come in." I answered and she cracked the door to take a peek.

"Hunter just called me and he told me that he'd be picking you up in 10 minutes. What's up with that?" she frowned, waving her phone in her hand.

Great! Now Quinn knows about it too.

I didn't tell her anything about Hunter wanting me to stay in a hotel for a good reason. I don't want her to get any bad thoughts about me and Hunter. I was thinking about making up a story that I will be staying at Amira's house but you can't hide from the truth, can't you?

"Oh, he did?" I mumbled, feeling embarrassed and guilty at the same for not telling her truth.

"Where is he taking you?" she asked while looking around the room to see my suitcase on the bed.

"Wait, you're leaving?" she started to get panicked. Crap! I know I should've told about it.

"Y-Yea. Actually..."

"Hunter said that he was going to let me stay in a hotel for tonight. I'm sorry for not telling you." I whispered, my voice came out apologetic.

"I'm not mad, Sahara. It's just..."

"What's the deal between you guys anyway?" she approached me, her green eyes searching my face for some explanations.

What to do? I couldn't possibly lie to her again? Should I tell her everything that he ever said to me? The 'I love you'? The proposal?

Being able to read my mind, she reached for me and put her hands on either side of my arms before stroking them, "Sahara, you know you can tell me anything, right?"

We stared at each other for a moment before I spoke, "Okay. I'm gonna make things clear."

"Yes, you should." she said softly and moved to the bed. She plopped down onto it and patted the area next to her for me to sit.

"Tell me. What is it?" she asked as soon as I sat down.

"Well, I don't know exactly where to begin." I muttered slowly, playing with my fingers.

"Why don't we start at the diner?" 

"Okay."

"I didn't actually know why he's being over protective towards me since what happened with Jake at the diner. All I know that he saved my life so many times." a small smile played on my lips every time I thought about it. It has become a habit. I guess.

"What do you mean by he saved your life so many times? I mean what did he do?" she asked. There were deep furrows in her brows.

Oh no! I don't wanna tell her about Jake assaulted me at the alley. It's still a painful memory for me to recall and she will definitely freak out if I tell her about that.

"Did Jake hurt you or anything? I haven't seen him these few days." 

"No, it's..." I hesitated, thinking whether if it's a good idea to blurt it out.

"If I tell you this, promise me that you will not freak out." I pleaded and she looked at me puzzled.

"Okay." she nodded.

"Jake followed me when I got back from work. I didn't know it was him at first until he started to attack me..."

"WHAT?!" she cut me off and her eyes widened, instantly breaking the promise that she just made. She was completely horrified.