𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 | The Wedding ( Part 2 )

"I will ask Allah for you twice, once in this world and once in Jannah..."
- One year down, eternity to go. -

The Official Song For The Chapter

Rewrite The Stars by James Arthur & Anne-Marie

What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine
Nothing could keep us apart
You'd be the one I was meant to find

Hunter's POV

"On this special day, I'm marrying you, Sahara Lydia. The only woman I've ever love and care about, my lawfully wedded wife, secure in the knowledge that you will be my constant friend, my faithful partner in life and my one true love. I promise to love, cherish, honor, respect and protect you for as long as I live."

"Today, the old chapter of my life is closed and done. I'm opening a new one with you in it. I promise, that I will be with the same woman for the rest of my life and ready to take on adult responsibility."

"I'm giving my all to you and you'll give your all to me. You're my end and my beginning. You're mine and I'm yours. Forever."

I put a diamond ring on her finger and declared my love for her, "I love you, Sahara Lydia."

"I love you, Hunter Gerard." her small voice cracked and shaky but she flashed her best smile ever, putting a ring on my finger as well.

For the most memorable moment in my life, I wanted to make it special for both of us. What I've learned about the wedding traditions in Islam, the groom is supposed to kiss the bride on the forehead.

Yeah! That's what I'm gonna fucking do.

I leaned in closer towards her, reaching for her face and caressed her chin with my fingers. I pulled her head closer to mine, she closed her eyes as I planted a small kiss on her forehead.

The soft skin brushing against lips and nose was everything. It's all I ever needed. I can't believe this day would come. Not right here, not right now, not with her.

Yes! This girl means the world to me.

I pulled away and she gazed up at me, her blue eyes sparkled with joy, "Finally, you're mine."

"I guess I am." she grinned nervously, hiding those little giggle from me.

I'm beyond happiness to be able to call this girl my wife and wake up next to her every single morning.

'Thank you, God. For giving me a chance to be with her and make her happy.'

"Congratulations on your wedding, boss." Jared smiled, joining me in the garden.

"Thanks, man." I arched a brow and nodded.

"I never thought you'd end up marrying the Muslim girl you encountered at the cafe the other day. She'll be the second big boss in the house." he chuckled.

"Yea, it's fucking crazy, right?" I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Whatever that makes you happy. I'm proud of you, Hunter." he placed one hand on my shoulder.

"I love the girl so damn much! I'm a married man now. I'm her legal husband from now on. I've promised to be with the same woman for as long as I shall live."

"We're not the same anymore, Jared. Now, I have my own responsibility that I can't get away from. Our old lives are over."

"You deserve to be happy. Keep that promise, will ya?"

"I will."

***************

After the ceremony was over, I wandered around the house, past the living room, looking for Sahara who was nowhere to be found.

"Sahara?" I called out her name. There was nothing but silence.

Not long after, I heard the door to my bedroom clicked and spotted her making her way out of my bedroom while closing the door behind her.

I immediately rushed over to her and asked, "Where have you been?"

However, the question startled her, making her flinched and those big blue eyes grew wider, "You scared me!" she scowled at me.

I ignored her not so angry looking face and gazed down her body, she had change into a plain purple t-shirt and blue jeans, wrapping a black hijab around her head.

A frown took over my face as I gazed down to her, wondering why she was still wearing her hijab on her head. We're officially married for God sake!

"Why are you still wearing your hijab in front of YOUR LEGAL HUSBAND?" I lightened up the back tone, obviously teasing her.

It's true. There's no point for her to cover up anymore. All of her belongs to me.

Acting brave, she crossed her arms and glared at me like I've fucked up or something, "You know why."

What the fuck is she talking about? What do I even know?

"What?"

"Your gang members..."

"They are all over the house and some of them are even welcome to come inside. Do you prefer them looking at me without my hijab on?" she asked annoyed, acting like a big boss already.

Fuck! Of course. How could I even forget about Jared and Zack? They do live here.

'Oh well, I guess I'll have to send them away. Perhaps to the guest house. They're absolutely gonna be pissed because I'm choosing her over them but who gives a shit anyway? I have a responsibility now and this is my fucking life!'

That ridiculous though of hers nearly made me lose it. What does she think I am? I've already told myself that I'd fucking kill anyone who tries to hurt her or even look at her.

She's mine. All fucking mine!?

"Oh, you mean Jared and Zack? Yea, well..."

"They're practically living here." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"And don't you even dare say that! Of course I wouldn't let any guy see you without your hijab on. I'll fucking kill anyone who even dares to try eyeing my wife." I snapped with a great deal of anger building inside of me, my nostrils flared and my fists were clenched.

"Well, now you know." she rolled her eyes and disappeared into the kitchen.

Luckily, Jared just walked past the living room and I called out to give him the good news.

A few seconds later, I joined her in kitchen and she was sitting at the counter, holding a glass of water in her hand.

I approached her and smirked, "Well, I thought you're going to cook something for me but you're making yourself comfortable instead, huh?"

She shot me a glare and pouted, "In your dreams, Hunter Gerard."

'Oh my fucking God, is she always been that cute the whole time?'

"Guess what?"

"What?" she frowned.

"I've just finished getting rid of those guys. They won't come in here again." I said proudly, hoping that it would make her happy.

"Oh yeah? Where are they gonna go?"

"I let them stay at the guest house."

"Oh..."

"But you have to understand that they will always remain outside our house, okay? It's for your own safety." I told her.

"Fine."

"Good." I smiled.