𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 | Decision, Decision

Hey there!
I'm so sorry for keeping you guys waiting 🙏🏻
I've been spending quality time with my family and friends during the semester break!
And please that you read and vote for my new book ❤️

It was an hour and a half drive.

"Is this the one?" I asked Jared, pointing at the last house on the left, when he told me to pull over.

"Yes." he nodded after double-checked the address.

"Great."

"What are you going to do, boss?" he gave me a confusing look.

"I want her to tell the truth."

"And what if she refused?"

"I'll make her speak." I answered honestly.

I decided the best option for me is to face her and see how much I've fucked up.

I'm not afraid to do what's right. If necessary, I'll put a couple of bullets right through her thick skull. Call me devil, but she ain't fooling me around!

"Come with me." I said and we both got out of the car.

We made our way to the house, inspecting the area to avoid any suspicious. Luckily, there was no one here at that moment.

Not wasting any time, we headed off to the house and the gate was unlocked when we let ourselves in.

Pounding on the door, I called out her name multiple times like a freaking maniac until I heard someone coming.

God! Please let it be her...

God answered my prayer after all, a brunette woman with deep-set blue eyes appeared at the entrance.

"Hunter?" she blinked at me in complete surprise.

Shit! Sahara was right. It is her. This woman hasn't changed a bit since the last time I saw her. About three years ago maybe...

"Hey, Carly. Good to see an old fling?" I asked, my head cocked to one side, expressionless.

She waved that off, scowling at me, "Why are you here?"

"You know why. I'm not here to play games, Carly." I snapped at her.

"May I?" I said, gesturing by rolling my eyes towards the entrance where she stood. But before she could answer — I already made my way for the door and I told Jared to wait outside.

"Hunter?!" she went after me as I stepped in further, her voice boomed between my ears.

She grabbed my arm and I turned to face her, "Hey! You can't just let yourself into someone's house without permission."

"I can do whatever I want!" I spat.

"Where's your daughter, Carly? Or should I say our daughter?" I mocked and her face expression changed.

"What are you talking about?" she blinked innocently.

I countered, "Don't give me that look! You know what I'm talking about."

Carly should know — I'm not to be argued with in this fucking messed up situation.

"What did you do to my wife?" I rasped.

But she remained tight-lipped as I struggled so hard to contain my anger.

"ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION!?" I yelled and she flinched. Her eyes avoided contact with mine, digging for an excuse.

I'm not a patient man — It takes everything in me not to pull out my gun and start shooting at her.

Surprisingly, she said, "I told her what's right. It's not my fault. I did it for us, Hunter."