𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | The Annoying Mafia

I woke up to my alarm clock ringing on the bedside table. I groaned, got out of bed lazily and went into the bathroom to take a quick shower before going off to work.

After I have finished my shower, I combed my hair and tied it up into a ponytail. I took out a pink long sleeve t-shirt, white jeans from the closet and wrapped a baby pink hijab around my head. I grabbed my phone and shoved it into my bag and went downstairs.

"Mom, I'm going to work." I informed her.

"Okay. Be careful, dear." she called from the kitchen loud enough for me to hear her.

"I will."

As soon as I arrived at the cafe, I quickly put my apron on began doing my work. I took out the freshly baked cupcakes from the oven and started decorating it with icings and sprinkles.

Since the first time I work at the cafe, decorating pastries has been my greatest passion so far. Somehow, I found myself quite good at them.

"Hey, girl. What's up? Is everything okay with your mom?" Amira approached me at the counter with a smile on her face.

"Hey. Well, she's getting better I guess. She told me not to worry too much about her." I responded but didn't leave my eyes off the cupcake that I was working on.

"I see. Anyway, I really hope that nothing's wrong with her."

I lifted my head up and sighed, "I hope so too. Thank you, Amira."

"Don't mention it. We've been friends for a long time and so as your mom and my mom."

"You're like my own sister, you know?" she took both of my hands in hers and smiled.

"I know." It's true though. Amira and I have been friends since high school. We laughed together, we cry together, we share everything together and I can assure that there is no secrets between us. We're best friends for life.

Not along after, we heard the bell above the door ring which indicated that someone has entered the cafe. We both turned our heads towards the entrance and it nearly made my heart popped out of my chest when my eyes caught the person who just entered.

"Oh no! I smell something fishy already." Amira instantly squealed when her eyes found Hunter. But this time, he is...

ALONE.

"Hey! Don't worry about him. He's just here for his breakfast again." I tried to soothe her panic.

We watched him as he walked through the cafe with his eyes scanning around practically looking for something or someone. Everyone in here immediately bowed before him the moment they noticed his presence but he just smirked proudly.

Shortly after, he took his seat at the back of the cafe beside the window like the one that he has chosen the last time he came in here with his gang.

Once his eyes fell on me, a smirk was plastered right away on his face. He raised one hand up and called, "Waitress?"

"Oh my God! He's calling you, Sahara." Amira said while tugging at my sleeve. I started to feel panicky and breathless. God knows what he has in mind for me next.

A few seconds later, I saw Daniel suddenly approached his table and greeted him. He was probably volunteering to take his order. They were talking about something but I couldn't actually hear what they were saying because it was quite far from where I was standing.

I didn't see him jot down anything on his notebook, but then he walked over towards us instead. He got that look on his face which I was sure that it was not a good thing.

"Sahara?" he whispered timidly.

"What's up with him?" I asked.

"Urmmm..."

"He kinda wants you to..."

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me!" I shook my head in disbelief but there was nothing I could do to stop any of this crap. What does he want now?

"Just please go." Daniel demanded and I gave in, wouldn't want to start any unnecessary, stupid argument over that jerk. It's not worth it at all.

Hunter Gerard sat there, smirking as he sprawled his flawless six-foot-three frame under the table. Only God knows how much I wanted to smack that look off his face, but I really hated myself when I realized that I could be mute under his presence sometimes.

He leaned forward and clasped his hands together, "Well well well, it's nice to see a familiar face in here again." 

I crossed my arms while rolling my eyes, "It's nice to see you again too."

'Cut the bullshit now, Sahara!?' the voice from the back of my mind spoke.

"Now, may I take your order please?" I asked, faking a smile.

He leaned back against the seat, "Fine."

"Great. What would it be?" 

"I'll have whatever is good here." his voice dripped with sarcasm.

"That's not actually an order, you know that?" I said annoyed.

He lifted his chin up, "I don't care, Sahara. Just bring me anything for my breakfast."

This man for real? If we weren't alone in middle of all this people in here, I would've definitely be smacking his face once more. Arghhhhh!

"Coming right up." I crinkled my nose and walked away.

This guy is a gigantic pain in my ass.