𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 | Mama

TWO BONUS CHAPTERS AT ONCE! 🌸

Baby. Parents-to-be. New stuff. I'm supposed to be preparing for the arrival of the new member of the family. Probably getting myself a proper book on pregnancy and childbirth. A little bit of nutrition. What to eat and what not to. Everything.

Every once in a while, my eyes would be shifting to the left and then to right because I felt self-conscious standing in the baby section, looking at the rows of books on shelves although there is no one here for me to be paying attention to. What is there to know?

There are books about how to get pregnant, what to do and not what to do during pregnancy and before and after the baby has arrived and the early signs of pregnancy. What's more, there are also books on health, diet, exercise and yoga. It's an endless list of baby guidance. I have no idea what to do.

Shit! Being a mama is quite tough.

A pregnant woman suddenly approached me, her baby bump was showing off pretty obvious. She must be close. "Isn't it exciting?" she said shyly.

"You have no idea." I smiled warmly at her and she laughed.

"I'll say. How far along are you? If you don't mind me asking." she asked.

"Very beginning. I'm nervous actually." I told her, playing with my fingers.

She smiled, "It's normal to get through a lot of emotions in this state. You have nothing to worry about. You'll get used to it sooner or later."

Somehow, her smile was very contagious and it soothed me, "I sure hope so. What about you?" I asked the blonde woman in a long blue dress who was busy looking through the books on the shelf.

"Oh, it's almost there. 8 months to be exact." she stated, rubbing her belly.

"I see. Urmmm..."

"Do you have morning sickness?" I asked after remembering those moments when I had to put my head in the kitchen sink almost every single morning.

"Yes, mine was pretty bad during the first three months. I was actually worried that I haven't eaten enough for the baby but the doctor explained to me that it is normal for new moms to be experiencing this whole thing." she recalled.

"Oh, any food cravings?" I asked.

"Yea, just yesterday my husband had to get out of bed and drive around the town in the middle of the night because I was craving to gobble down pickles. So he came home with a jar of pickles and mustard." she laughed.

"You're lucky that you have a wonderful husband." I asserted.

Oh, how I wished Hunter would've been here with me. I couldn't believe he actually turned down the offer to go to the town with me for some baby exploring and asked Jared to keep me company instead. Does he really even want or care about the baby? And what's gonna happen when the food cravings start? Will he do the same thing as this woman's husband did for me too?

"Thank you so much."

"So are you here alone?" she asked politely.

"Oh no, actually I'm with..."

Before I got the chance to complete my answer, Jared suddenly came up next to me with a book in his hand. He noticed the woman in front of me and smiled before offering a handshake, "Hey, I'm Jared."

Well, at least Jared is more decent and polite compared to Hunter. LUCKY ME!

At that point, I suddenly realized that I never asked for her name although we've been chatting for the last 10 minutes but she didn't asked for mine either. That's kinda fair.