𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | Expect The Unexpected

When the darkness started covering my vision and everything went into a blur, I heard a loud shouting coming from afar but I didn't have the strength left in me to process what was going on.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH! I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU!?" I heard the person was punching him. RAPIDLY!? It was some countless punches. There were yelling, screaming and groaning. All of them got mixed up together. That person was definitely killing him but I couldn't care less about it. I wanted Jake dead, he has to suffer for what he did to me.

"YOU TRIED TO PUT YOUR DIRTY HANDS ON HER? HAAAA! FUCK YOU!? THERE'S NO MORE TOMORROW FOR YOU, YOU DICK!?" I heard the same voice yelling and that was when I finally recognized to whom that husky voice belonged to.

It's Hunter's. Why was he doing here?

I lifted my head up and support my weight with my hands, my head began to pound even harder when I took in the sight of him punching Jake nearly to death. His face was all messed up and there was blood all over the ground. I had to stop him before he kill him for good.

"HUNTER, STOP! YOU'RE KILLING HIM!?" I crawled up to him and grabbed his arm, begging him to stop what he was doing. Luckily, he stopped after hearing me begged.

That was when I realized that Jake wasn't moving anymore. I looked back and forth from him to Hunter. Hunter's knuckles were also busted and covered in blood, dripping onto the ground where he was standing up.

"Damn it!" he cursed when he had finally discovered what he had done, tugging at his hair with both of his hands.

I gazed up at him, terrified by the horrific image of an unmoving Jake. I couldn't believe my eyes. I never saw something like that even in my worst nightmares. The absolute horror completely paralyzed me, the more I thought about it or simply moving a bit, the more I felt discouraged and utterly terrified.

I didn't remember being that scared in my life and that was just the beginning. That idea only made it worse. If that was even possible.

Is this what he usually does? What mafias usually does? Beating up and killing people just like that? I know he did that to save my life but...

He shouldn't have killed him.

Without further thoughts, he crossed over Jake's body to get to me and I immediately backed off from him. I used my hands to support my movement until my body bumped into the wall behind me.

"Sahara, I-I..." he opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out of his mouth when he saw me looking at him like he was some phychotic killer.

Instead of doing so, he reached over for my cheek and gently massaged it with his thumb. The heat from his finger crept into my consciousness and I wanted to pull my head away. Somehow, it calmed me down at the same time. Pretty soon, everything went black and I was completely out.

***************

It was quite and peaceful. The light barely shining through my eyelids. I was warm and comfortable in this bed. I reverently rubbed my fingers along the silken mattress and pressed my cheek to the cool, velvet pillow. The comforter was thick and irresistibly soft, cozy serenity.

I opened my eyes, for a moment, taking in the strange and unfamiliar surroundings. I have no idea where I was.

The room was huge and everything in here was brilliant white and clean, that included the furniture, the bed sheet and the curtains, making my eyes temporarily blind. The headboard behind me was a tufted headboard upholstered with a silk-cotton fabric and a massive vintage mirror on the ceiling above the bed.

Bed?

Even though, still feeling a little bit dizzy but I struggled to get out of bed. When I flipped the bed sheet, I realized that I was no longer in my clothes. I reached up for my head and it was not my hijab either that was wrapped around my head.

Oh God! Where am I? Please...

Shortly after, I heard a knocking on the door and it cracked opened by someone and a voice was calling my name, "Sahara?"

OH NO! THAT'S HUNTER'S VOICE AGAIN. IT CAN'T BE! IT CANNOT BE!?

The horrific memories of what happened with Jake earlier slowly came back to haunt me. The assault, the screaming, the punches, oh no the punches. Jake and then Hunter came along. Oh no! Now, this? I didn't remember coming here.

What did he do to me? Did he...

Oh no! He wouldn't do that ugly stuff to me or...

Maybe he did.

Oh Allah! What's happening to me?!

"Sahara? Are you awake?" that same voice was calling my name once more.

Hunter strolled in, completely dressed with his bruised knuckles and I couldn't seem to find my voice to speak to him.

"Oh, you're awake." he sighed in relief. At that moment, I was still staring at him confused and he looked confused as I was.

"D-Did you..." I didn't get to finish that particular word. I was afraid of my own thoughts.

"What? What?" he asked as I felt my eyes stinging with tears.

"YOU! GET AWAY FROM ME, YOU ASSHOLE!?" tears began streaming down my face when I shouted at him. I looked down beside me and saw some pillows. I grabbed those pillows and started throwing them relentlessly at him.

He dodged the pillows that came flying at him, "What the fuck are you doing, Sahara?"

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?" I kept on throwing the pillows until there were no more left on the bed.

He dodge the last pillow and came lunging at me, holding both of my wrists down and held me still in place, "What are you talking about? I didn't do anything to you."

"You're lying!? What about my clothes? This are not my clothes." I screamed and yanked my arms like crazy but he didn't let me go.

Out of nowhere, Quinn suddenly came storming into the room with both her hands raised at shoulder length, "Hey! Sahara? Sahara. Calm down."

What? Quinn? She, I-I...