𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | Save Me If You Can

Sahara's POV

I kept staring at the clock on the wall until the little minute hand struck 12 then I'm out of here. I was so happy that Mr. Ryan decided to close the cafe early today. 

I'm so tired and all I wanted is to get on my tiny bed at home.

When it was time for me to go home, I quickly grabbed my bag and slipped my phone into my pocket. I went outside, bidding Amira and Daniel goodbye and I was on my way home.

I wondered what mom would be doing right now. She must be cooking something lovely for me. I'd die for her special creamy chicken puff pie. It's been a while since the last time she baked it.

As I walked through the small and particularly dark alley, I suddenly got a bad feeling about this. I know that I should've go with Amira when she insisted me not to take the short cut. 

Arghhh! Why do you always have to be so stubborn, Sahara? Why? Why?

Once I got a little further, I saw a black figure at the end of the alley. I couldn't actually see who it was but I could definitely tell that it was a man. This is not good.

All sort of creepy situations began crossing my mind, one by one. A teenager got raped and murdered after walking alone from school. A girl got abducted by some strangers to become a prostitute and many more...

I made an attempt to calm myself down and get my mind off of those negative thoughts and kept on walking. One step at a time. 

As I was getting even closer to the man figure, I saw dark spiky hair and the build was quite familiar. 

Dark spiky hair? Oh no! There's only one guy with that style of hair and...

He is the last person I expect to see after what had happened that night.

I narrowed my eyes to get a clearer sight of whom I had in mind until I finally got the confirmation that indeed it was him.

My heart began to pound hard inside my chest like it was going to pop out any time soon. 

"Hey, Sahara. What are you doing walking in the dark all by yourself?" he smiled wickedly at me, those evil brown eyes met mine.

"N-Nothing, I'm just heading home. T-That's all." I stumbled at my own words as my body began to shudder.

Just after I tried to make my way around him, he lunged over at me then blocked me and I bumped into his chest.

"Jake, please. I just wanna go home." I pleaded, my voice dripping with fear.

"Why are you suck in a hurry? Stay with me for a little while will ya?" he whispered into my ear, breathing in my sense.

Adrenaline flooded my system, It pumped and beat like it was trying to escape. At that time, I felt my heart would explode and my eyes were wide with fear. My body wanted to either run fast for the safety or to do something to defend myself but instead I remained where I was.

Let's face it, there is really only one thing I can do which is pray he will not kill me. I want to take one great leap and run to somewhere. Anywhere but here.

With all the strengths that I have, I made an attempt to convince him and my dear self, "I'm not afraid of you, Jake. Just leave me alone!" I spitted and began walking away.

Seconds after I moved around him, he grabbed me by my arm and pulled me to him, "HEY! LET GO OF ME, YOU FRICK!"

"You're not going anywhere, Sahara. Go ahead and scream. Who's gonna save you now?" he held me close to him and laughed.

"LET GO!?" I wiggled my body to escape from him. But when I failed to do so, I elbowed him, hitting him right in the stomach and it freed me. Thank God!

"Fuck!?" he hissed in pain and tried to regain his balance which bought me some time to run.

I ran as fast as I could but little did I know, my not so long feet wouldn't possibly take me anywhere further from here. From him.

After a few lunges, he caught me again but this time, his grip around my body did hurt. I couldn't breathe or do anything anymore. All I could do was shout for help. 

"HELP! HELP ME!?" I began screaming and squirmed but my small body couldn't help shit.

Beyond what I expected, he buried his head in my neck and whispered, "How about I take you away from here so we can have a little privacy?"

"NO! LET ME GO, JAKE! YOU'RE DISGUSTING!?" I begged for mercy and continued fighting with what I have left. My body felt hot and sweat started trickling down my neck. With every move I made, I got more and more terrified.

"You're not going anywhere. I'll have you all to myself, Sahara." he let out a wicked laugh and I screamed. 

When he jammed his hand againts my mouth to stifle the scream, I bit his palm and he roared in pain. He let me go and my body instantly hit the hard ground.

"Arghhh!" I cried out in pain.

"YOU LITTLE..." I heard his voice coming for me and before I know it, I was already lifted off the ground and faced him.

Immediately after, I sensed a hard impact on my face. The open-handed smack was as loud as a clap and stung my face. His big hand cracked across my face, snapping it back with the force of his blow and causing me to fall backward as my head slammed into the wall behind me.