𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 | Different Yet The Same

Hey guys! 👋🏻
First things first, I wanna apologise to all of you who are the big fans of this book here because of the delay of the updates 🙏🏻
I've just got so many tests to go and I don't have much time to write at this moment 😭
Anyway, here's the new chapter, don't forget to vote and leave your comments! ❤️

Right now I am at a funeral. My mom's funeral...

The magnitude of despair in my eyes must be enormous, I supposed but I couldn't help it no more. Struggling to hold back the grief,  tears flowed steadily, silently down my face, feeling the numbness, emptiness and the wounds inside that will never be healed until the end of days. Sending my last regards to her although she was already gone, it was the worst pain I've ever felt in my life.

I'm crushed. Yes, crushed for not being able to look upon her face again or feel her embrace, see the warmth in her eyes and be surrounded by her eternity love.

I flashed a smile to another unfamiliar face before moving on to the next, hugging and thanking every one of them for attending. I only knew a few of them which were my mom's friends at work. They all came with their families to show some respect and even Mr. Ryan was here with his wife. The funeral was short and simple.

The cost of the funeral had been rising so much and it was entirely impossible to afford it if it weren't for Amira's parents paying for it. Even though Quinn did offer to help with the funeral but I just had to say no to her because of the difference between our religions. Plus, I didn't want to burden anyone else. Not Quinn, not Amira, no one.

"I'm sorry, Sahara. For everything." Amira whimpered, after the last hug was given.

I pulled her into a hug and she tightened her grips around me, "Thank you, Amira. For all of this. I don't know what I would do without you and your parents."

"Don't even mention it, Sahara. Your my best friend and we're like sisters. My parents loved and treated you like their own. It's the least we can do for you and your mother."

In that moment, we snuggled in each others' arms and all of those sorrows seemed to go away at first until my eyes abruptly landed on the person I've never though would see at this funeral.

On the day of this funeral arrived, I found Hunter dressed in a black suit with tie, preparing to leave in a black car that had come from nowhere surrounded by a few of his gang members, all in their expensive tuxes and sunglasses.

"Hunter?" I mumbled

"What?" Amira asked and we broke apart from the embrace, her eyes glanced around the surroundings wildly until she finally caught the object I was staring at.

"Is that really who I think that is?" she frowned, couldn't believe her eyes either.

"I don't know what's he doing here." I shook my head.

"He seems attached to you in some way." she said.

"Nothing happened between us." I snapped and shot her a glare.

"I didn't say anything, Sahara. It's the truth. He's always following you around wherever you go."

"I'm gonna talk to him." I said and walked away from her to get to Hunter.

He was there, keeping his distance from me and standing far away from all of us. It's probably because he didn't want to be seen by anyone here. Besides, he is the gang leader of the town and everyone knows him.

When his eyes caught me coming, he rushed over to me before I could take one more step closer and I stopped. He got that look on his face, glossy green eyes staring down at me. "I'm sorry for your lost, Sahara."