𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 | A Ruined Relationship

Time goes by...

My morning sickness was getting even worse. NEARLY every morning, I would wake up and spend 10 minutes with my head in the kitchen sink.

When I got up in the morning, I would try to push Hunter off of me without waking him up so that I could do my business unaccompanied by his awareness.

BUT TODAY...

He caught me IN THE ACT. When I was vomiting, he came from behind me and held my hair up while his other hand wrapped around my waist to hold me still, "God! What's wrong with you, Sahara?" his voice dripping with concern.

After I had finished, I cleaned my mouth and he guided me to the dining table, "Baby, look at me. Are you sick?" he asked, sitting opposite from me.

"No, I'm not." I shook my head, dropping down my gaze. Although, I already know the answer to my sickness.

"Sahara, what's wrong?" his tone is a little more forceful. I CHICKENED OUT!

"You're acting completely weird NOW. You're no longer comfortable with me touching you, you've lost your appetite and I..."

He sighed and his lips pressed into a hard line, "And I don't know what to do with you, baby."

I gazed out the window and closed my eyes, "I don't know how to say this to you."

He grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckles, "It's okay, try me. What is it?"

Well, I've been acting like a freak these days because I know you're going to go bat-shit crazy when I tell you I'm pregnant.

The arguments in my head got so fast and so disturbing that my brain shut down my body. The sweat happened all over me and my heart felt like it was going to explode any time soon.

My heart started to beat harder, faster within seconds, adrenaline level rose and my brain began to fire out negative thoughts like a machine gun.

There's just so many possibilities that could happen if I tell him, he would freak out and shout at me, he would hurt me or ever hurt himself.

Oh no! What to do?

"Sahara." he scowled me, annoyed.

I gulped and attempted to overcome the panic raising in my mind and body. Taking a deep, steadying breath and exhaled.

'You can't hide it forever, Sahara.'

IT'S NOW OR NEVER.

"I-I'm..." I murmured, trying to find my voice again.

"I'm pregnant." I blurted, instantly feeling bad after it slipped out of my mouth.

He stilled as the colour slowly began to drain from his face and he let out a gasp, "W-What?"

I stared into his eyes, asking for sympathy before repeating, "I'm pregnant."

The silence of waiting for his response made my blood ran as cold as the iceberg. As the quietness grew deeper and longer, the only sound that I could hear was the beating of my own heart inside my chest. THUMPING like a thunder storm.

"Oh, please say something, Hunter." I practically begged to break the silence, my eyebrows plunged together.

He gazed at me, unable to speak, completely stunned, "No. This cannot be happening. I mean, there must be some mistakes..." he said ridiculously, shaking his head.

It took him a few seconds to finally put the puzzle pieces together and face the reality, "Oh God! OH MY FUCKING GOD!? What have I done?!" he questioned himself before banging his fist on the table, making me jump out of my skin and he stood up so abruptly that the dining chair almost got knocked over by him.

"FUCK! What have I done to you, Sahara?!" he shouted.

"SHITTTT!?" he exclaimed and I tried to cool him down but words failed me.

"Hunter, p-please calm down..." I said softly but didn't have the courage to touch him, not when he is in this state.

"Calm down? Are you fucking kidding me, Sahara?! This cannot be happening to you, to us." he shouted again and I flinched at his tone.

"Oh God! God! THIS IS ALL MY FAULT!?" he closed his eyes and covered his mouth.

He was angry. He was so ANGRY. I think he was trying to contain his temper but apparently lost in the battle.

"DAMN IT! I'M SUCH AN IDIOT!?" his eyes blazed as anger overpowered him.

"This is not happening, Sahara. That thing..."

"It will ruin everything. EVERYTHING!?" he shouted, louder this time.

Thing? My little jellybean is not a thing.

"Hunter, please don't shout at me." I sobbed, tears starting to slip down my face.

He ran a hand through his hair and pulled at it, "You don't understand. The timing is not good. It's too early for you, for both of us. I wanted to give you everything. I wanted to give you the world, Sahara."

"You're too young for this and I..."

"Do you think I'm ready to be a father?" he chocked, it's a mixture of rage and panic.

I gazed at him but didn't make an effort to stand up, "D-Don't worry, Hunter. I'm sure y-you'll be a great father..." I whispered, resting my hand on my stomach.

He cut me off immediately, "How do you know that, huh? What makes you think I can even be a father?"

And he looked down at me and then to where my hand was resting, "Don't you see? I'm a man that can't actually carry this kind of burden, WORSE, I don't think I can never be a father."

SOMEHOW, those words literally broke my heart into gazillions of pieces. How could he said that without even trying? It's his baby that I'm carrying inside my womb. He can't live his life like this forever, without having children, without having an heir.

"I-I'm sorry, Hunter. It's a shock for me too." I said and began to cry, more tears invading my face.

"Fuck! This is all on me. I shouldn't have touched you in the first place. God! I should've take precaution before I-I..." his green eyes burned and so many emotions crossed his face. It's fear that most notable.

He shook his head and threw his hands in the air, "I'm so fucking sorry, Sahara. I couldn't imagine you carrying it inside of you, not this time, not when you're like this, not yet. NEVER!?"

No! Again with the it? My baby is not an it or a thing.

"We'll never work this out." he said.

It had taken me a few moments to finally realise that he was actually talking about me, about how I'll survive this thing. Survive? I'll survive what? Giving birth to his child?

"Oh, FUCK THIS!?" he bellowed under his breath and held his hands up in defeat.

He turned on his heels and walked away, grabbing his jacket with him as he left the dining room. His footsteps echoed across the living room and he disappeared through the door, slamming it behind him and making me jumped once more.

Once he had left, there was only silence. The still, silent emptiness of the dining room. My body began to shudder as I gazed numbly at the closed door.

'He had walked out on me. Because of the baby...' I kept telling myself that, over and over again.

My hand reached down to my stomach and caressed it, "That's your father. I'm so sorry for his behaviour. See what you've done to me, little jellybean."