Missing

2 years she had been gone for, the love of his life. Disappeared. Just like that.

He always loved MJ, she was his soulmate, he had planned on proposing to her that year, but before he had the chance to do so, she left. She went of the board, no-one could find her, and they couldn't pre-claim her dead since, well there was no body.

Peter was now 25, making MJ the same age as him, part of him pined for her still, he loved her with all of his heart, all of the avengers loved her too, she was practically family, they could see the difference in Peter, he was no longer their happy go lucky Peter they all once knew and loved, but now, he was becoming more and more detached from that part of himself, he could act the part but they could see his heart was just not in it.

His mind wandered back to that place, that memory he had as he sat with his back against the side of his bed, the only thing lighting up his room was the moonlight that shone into his room from the large window infront of him, he had tears in his eyes as he read the note over and over again

"I'm sorry Peter, i love you x

-MJ" 

Tony knocked on his door, nothing, he opened the door to see it was unlocked, he saw Peter with his knees up as he was sat on the floor

"Pete?"

"She's gone" you could hear the tears fall from his eyes as he said those heart breaking words

"What, who?"

"MJ, she's gone, she's left" he said looking up at his father figure tears clear in his eyes

He passed her the note, Tony was shocked, it wasn't like MJ to do anything like this, she always told Peter what was wrong, something just didn't add up, they all looked for her, hoping she would be wandering the streets, looking for something, an address, anything so they could bring her back, no explanation, nothing but a note.

He was stood at his window looking down at the streets below, he was now working full time at SI, along side Tony, helping with inventions, helping out on missions, attending meetings, Pepper had also taught him a few things along the way, like how to tie a Winsor knot, and how to dress right for meetings. Aunt May had passed when he was just 20, MJ had been there with him, supported him through another though time in his life, just like he did for her. He'd do anything to get her back.

He was dressed in his suit, he hated wearing them, but had to get used to them, he would were shirts with his jeans and things, but hated having to wear the tie, the blazer, slacks all that jazz.

As he walked out of his room, he walked into the living room to see Nat sat at the table talking to Clint the pair looked worried, shocked, happy and confused all at once

"What's up?"

"Huh? Oh nothing, just talking about the up coming mission" Clint explained, Peter had a feeling he was lying but decided not to push it. He grabbed an apple before walking out, and heading towards his meeting that was due in 5 minuets

As it approached 6pm, Tony ran in with some invitations in his hand.

"Tony what are these?" Steve asked him, as he passed them round

"It's a charity ball, masquerade, so go and put on your suits, girls your dresses are hung up in your rooms"

"And your telling us this now" Peter stated as he looked down at the invite

By the time they got there it was huge, there had to be atleast 800 guests, maybe more.

"Now, Men don't be scared ask a lady to dance as it is now time for a slow dance"