Beaten and Bruised II

Everyone was awake now and hadn't really spoke, Nat was still beaten but she was awake and was healing, Steve was sat at the side of her bed as Clint and Peter was with Helen getting checked over. 

"Is he okay?" Nat asked Steve as she turned her head to look at him 

"He says he's okay but he's hurt Nat, inside and out, he won't say anything but he is" Steve told her truthfully, they both knew that Peter was hurt by how the rest of the team treated him, Peter saw Tony as a father figure in his life for a while and never said anything, the whole team saw how Tony treated Peter, as if he was a long lost son but then it all changed, and everyone other than Steve, Nat and Clint along with Fury started to see Peter as nothing but a wast of space, a kid who was fighting for something he couldn't even handle.

But the thing was, Peter had been through alot in his life, at the moment he thought if he showed feeling he'd look weak, that he couldn't handle it but in the future he'd look back and see that all of what he'd been through was much much much more than what he saw it as now. At the age of 6 he had to deal with losing not one but both of his parents and having to pluck up the courage to not cry every night he thought of them, then at the age of 14 he lost his loving Uncle, the man who had brought him up as if he was his own. Not only would he have to be strong for himself but also his aunt, and not long after that he was bitten by the spider and he knew if he didn't do anything to help then it would be his fault. He then had to deal with Vulture, even though he had been stuck under the building before he'd never been almost impaled by one. 

He'd been through so much in such a sort time and none of them could understand that. 

"Do you think we should tell him?" Nat asked Steve, he let out a sigh and rubbed his face

"But what about the team?" Steve asked, worried if Fury said something, the entire team could disassemble and there might not be any more Avengers after this one.

"Do we even have a team?" Nat asked rhetorically

Steve pulled out his phone, his finger hovering over the call button, he looked at Nat once more, she slowly stretched out her arm and took hold of Steve free hand, holding it in reassurance. 

///

"Does anyone know why Fury called us in for an emergency meeting?" Sam asked round the table 

"No-" however Clint was cut short when Fury walked in with Hill at his heels

"I want answers Stark, why do i suddenly get a call saying that Peter isn't being treated as an equal as he should be and how i said he should be?"

"What?- What are you talking about?"

"You know damn well what he's talking about" Steve said standing up in anger, he hated the fact that they had no idea what they was actually doing

"Wait you called Fury? Does Pete know?" Clint asked standing up and lowering his voice

"It was time he knew, you saw the state that Peter was in, it can't go any further if it does next time Pete might not be able to get out from under the building and might not survive impalement" 

"Wilson, where was you when Parker was stuck under the building?" Fury asked him looking him dead in the eye

"I was flying over, he couldn't be detected" Sam said, folding his arms

"Really? Then why did Red Wing detect a body not too long before you flew over, you knew Peter was there, i didn't find that out until i went back over the footage but you left him there to die" Nat said, her chair swinging slightly to face him, Steve had managed to help Nat down since she wanted to be there at the meeting

That was when Sam lost his 'cool'

"Fine maybe i did but he'd just a pathetic kid who shouldn't of even been on the team, he just gets in the way, he was better off to stay down there, out of the way, he was okay wasn't he? I don't know why your getting so angry, we all think it, maybe you'll see sense one day but he's just a kid"

"Just a kid?"

They all looked back to see Peter stood at the door, he'd only just opened it but he'd heard all of what Sam had said

"Peter i-"

"No it's okay, your right, i'm just a kid, just a kid who can stick to walls and ceilings and stop a 3000 pound car with his bare hands going 50 miles an hour"

They all stayed silent but not for too long since Fury spoke up

"Your gonna want to sit down kid, you might want to see this"

"Stark? Wasn't you the one who brought him to the fight in Germany you had, but now i find out that all of that has gone down the drain and your treated him like a piece of crap!"

"He's a talented kid but he's too young to be fighting"

"You didn't think that when you brought him though did you?" Nat remarked 

"I thought you was meant to be on my team" Tony said waving his hand at Nat

"I was never on your team i only said i agreed with the terms, not wanting to stop the Avengers, i was never on your side for trying to stop Peter from being on the team"

"Peter never complained so i don't see the problem here" Rhodey spoke

"He only didn't speak up because he didn't want to upset any of us"

"I don't hear him speaking now?" Sam said

"Every time someone tries to win a war before it's started innocent people die...every time." 

"Ooh, you brought him up well didn't you Cap?" Tony snarked 

"Can't you see! This was all just a war to you, you was trying to start a war which i didn't want to accept because it would be the innocent who would die, if i went and ratted you out you would of turned on me and then soon enough it would be Civil War once again, meaning more and more people would die than the last, and yes maybe Cap did teach me more than to just fight but i'm glad he did, wasn't you meant to be the one who believed in me?" He asked to Tony "Wasn't you the one who was glad Fury saw what i could do and wouldn't use them just as a thing to help the universe? They always say never meet your hero's... i guess they was right" With that final word Peter walked out slamming the door behind him, Clint went after him, telling Steve and Nat to stay and that he could handle it, since they needed to handle what was about to happen.

"Parker has been beaten and bruised more times that i can count, he deserved better than to just be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, i put my faith in you Stark, maybe Howard was wrong in what he told me" 

Before Fury left, he turned back 

"Rogers, Romanoff, Hill will talk to you later, but for now, You are under probation, for now" he said meaning Tony, Rhodey, Sam, Bruce 

The pair looked towards Hill as if for an answer, she nodded her head discreetly as if to say 'Yes'

There was something that they didn't know, May was giving up, she was growing weaker and weaker day by day and didn't have long before she'd be gone too, Steve and Nat couldn't allow that to happen to Peter, he'd already been through so much in his life, Steve and Nat wanted to at least ease it on him - the world had been so hard on him, they couldn't allow him to be on his own again, having to deal with everything on his own.