Gaining Back Trust II

Time had now passed since they had found Peter.

6 years. 

6 years! That was how long they mourned and tried to find him, and he was being brainwashed this entire time!

Somehow Sam had managed to wrangle most of them up to the lounge so they could sit somewhere more comfortable than waiting room chairs. 

Out of all of them, Bucky was the most quietest. 

He knew what it was like being brainwashed and not knowing yourself from the next man.

From Bruce's scans that he did while Peter was still lay unconscious, it seemed this "Organisation" or whatever they were called had done some serious damage. It was defiantly likely that Peter would suffer memory loss once he came out of the whole brainwashing phase. They had no idea on how the effects would be. Whether they be short term effect or they would be long term and be with him for the rest of his life, they had no idea, but they'd do their hardest to make him trust them.

Natasha sat forward, her elbows resting on her knees as she lay her head in her hands. Steve walked over calmly and sat on the coffee table infront of her.

"Nat, talk to me. What's going on?" He asked her softly.

If anyone could get her to talk, it would be Steve. 

"What am I meant to say? Steve, he was brainwashed and forced to be something he's not. When I fisrt saw him, for a split second it was like he knew who I was and then..."

"And then?" Steve asked softly searching her eyes

"It was like he changed. The blonde spoke and it was like a switch, he'd gone from being Peter to... a murderer. But it's not him Steve, it's not"

Tears welled in Natasha's eyes, Steve wrapped him arms around her, kissing the side of her head before holding her more securely. When Peter joined the team, Natasha and Peter made a close family bond. It was at a point where she had become a mother figure and she loved him like a son. If anything happened to him, she'd blame it on herself, saying it was her fault that she wasn't looking out for him. 

Even though it wasn't, she still blamed herself for not protecting him. 

But the thing was, she wasn't on her own. 

Tony had come to see him as a son, Peter was the only one who could bring him out of his lab, he was the only kid other than Harley who could calm him down from a panic or anxiety attack. 

Peter being alive was the only thing that mattered. 

Meanwhile, Peter was slowly opening his eyes as he lay down in the bed. 

Looking round, he saw what seemed to be a...hospital room? 

Why was he in a hospital room and not the same cold room he would be placed in after he'd been placed in the metal chair in another room. 

As he continued looking around, someone walked in. 

"Hey Peter" Bruce said softly

Peter didn't know who the man was talking to. He took a guess in thinking it might be himself since no-one else was in the room other than him. 

Peter didn't say anything.

"Do you know who I am?" Bruce asked

After a moment or two, Peter shook his head from side to side.

Bruce gave a sigh, they'd done alot to Peter. He could see it in his eyes, Peter didn't trust him, but who could blame him?

As time went on, Peter still had no idea who anyone was, he didn't even know who he was himself.