It all changed II

May had come home that night, Tony and the others had been missing for two or more weeks now, Peter had barely spoken a word, he was up all night trying to search for anything, just a spot, anything for a lead to try and find Tony or any of the others. 

She knocked lightly on his door before opening it to find him sat on the edge of his bed just staring at his hands, she could tell, he was visibly and mentally tired. She knew how much he looked up to Tony but she also knew, if he didn't come back soon, it would take it's toll on Peter. 

"Peter, honey?"

"I can't find anything, nothing, not a single trace" He said tearing up, she placed the sandwich down on his bedside table before sitting next to him, bringing him into a side hug

"It's okay, he'll come back soon enough"

"But what if he doesn't? What if i can't find him? Is-Is it my fault that he's gone?" Peter asked, tears ready to fall at any second, what if he had died? What if his body was currently rotting in the middle of a dessert and no-one knew

May stayed with Peter until he had fallen asleep, she knew how much Peter loved finding a new family, she knew Peter loved her the most but she was glad to finally see him happy, free, being somewhat of a normal teenager.

Peter was stood with his back to the table, leaning against it, the others had scattered and Peter was stood alone with his own thoughts

"Penny for your thoughts ?" a voice said 

He turned round and saw her, he smiled, "Maybe?"

She walked over to him before he pulled her into a hug, wrapping his arms around her waist and hers around his neck, resting on his shoulders, they both shared a kiss before she spoke

"Hill called and told me what happened, how are you feeling?"

"I don't know anymore, i spent 7 years searching, looking, longing to find them, i spent years blaming myself on why they went missing and now after all these years they turn up and all they have to say is that they've been places"

"Peter, look at me" She held his face, placing her hands on his cheeks seeing the tears glossing in his eyes, "everything will sort it's self out, and as much as those 7 years will stick, maybe a new 7 years will come and replace it"

"What would i do without you?" He asked with a small smile, he pulled her in for a longing kiss. 

As they parted Peter looked at her with a small confused smile, "When, how did you get here?" he asked 

"Nat flew out and flew me in" she told him with a small smile, "she thought you might need me"

Peter and MJ stayed around the table for a bit longer before Steve and a couple of the others came back and stood taking to the couple.

After a couple of hours had passed, MJ had to fly back out again since she had some work to do. Peter kissed her goodbye before walking back inside, he walked back into the main space of the SHIELD base before once again seeing Tony and the others stood around the table all talking, trying to make it casual but still a bit of tension was still there, you could smell it a mile off. 

Peter knew it would be a long time before everything could go back to normal, whatever normal was, and he knew it would take a while to get there.