It's never just a one time thing though, is it? II

A week had passed since Peter and MJ had been...intimate. 

And lets just say it was harder than either of them had expected, much much harder. 

Neither of them had realised that how they treated each other was because they truly loved one another and not just as friends, but partners, girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, wife. 

It seemed to be every time they were in a room together, it was as it they had fallen out in an argument. Nat was the first to know what had truly gone on. 

"Fury needs you to look over these" MJ said as she passed round the files, three to Steve who passed 2 down, one to Peter the other to Clint, one for himself. 

"Just tell me again, why is Fury making us read over these?" Tony asked 

"Because he needs you to, now read them, i think you'll find they'll come in useful"

By the time they had finished the meeting, Peter and MJ hadn't said one word to another, having an idea of what to say but not wanting to say it since they both agreed that night, nothing would change, nothing would come about, no feelings, no strings, no nothing. 

They simply exchanged a look before MJ left through the door, the others were worried, they had never ever fallen out, ever, so what had been so bad to make them not say one word to one another?

Later that day, when Peter was in his lab tinkering away at something or other, Nat walked in having solved what had genuinely happened that night. When she walked in, Peter looked like half of him was missing, like he was missing half of him and that half, that was MJ. 

"So? What really happened that night?" Peter was shocked, he hadn't heard her open the door he was that deep in thought

"What night?" Peter asked nonchalantly, as if he had no idea what she was going on about

"You know the night i meant, the one where you didn't come home until early hours, the same night you and MJ, 'fell out'"

"We fell out, we had an argument, that was it"

"What was it about, said argument?" She pressed as she walked forward, her hands folded infront of her, "Because for you two not to talk to one another, it must have been really bad"

Peter had to think on his feet, and quickly, "Just about work, she thought i said she wasn't fit for the job, which she's not by the way, don't start thinking i said that because i didn't"

"Just work?" She pressed further

"Yes just work"

"Okay, i've had enough, i know you and MJ slept together and there was no argument"

Peter snapped his head towards her as soon as she said 'slept together', how did she know?

"What? How-"

"Because it seems i can put a puzzle together quicker than those weirdo's up there, don't worry your secrets safe with me" She reassured 

"Not even Clint?"

"Not even Clint" she assured once more.

Peter gave a sigh and sat down with a small 'thud' 

"Does MJ know you know?"

"No, she doesn't but i think it won't be long until she does though, she's caught me a couple of times when i've been watching you two interact, so she probably has an idea"

Peter ran his hands across his face before looking up and standing up again, "We said and agreed, no feelings, no attachments, no nothing, nothing would be affected but-"

"But, you love her and always have" Nat said finishing his sentence, "Listen Peter, you and MJ have always loved one another and believe me, we all see it, even the lads have a bet running-"

"They have a bet running?"

"Not the point, but what the point is, is that you and MJ have always loved one another, always, and not just friends, more of lovers, and you know i'm right, ever since that night, your feelings have come more open and you can't stop them"

"What do i do though? MJ won't talk to me, believe me, i've tried"

"Peter, she's in the exact same boat as you, she loves you just as much as you love her, all you need to do is just tell her, and if she doesn't feel the same then she doesn't, if she does, go and see where it leads, Peter you love her and i am pretty sure she loves you all the same"

Nat pulled him in for a hug, telling that he needed one

"Thanks Nat" He said as they departed the hug

"It's okay" she smiled

Just before she got to the door, Peter spoke

"Don't worry, i'll make sure you win" he smiled

"Thank you" she smiled back before leaving

Peter gave a small chuckle as she closed the door, leaving him to tinker away. 

Nat knew it wouldn't be long before he'd tell her, or she'd tell him, she knew it would be soon, how soon? she didn't know, but she knew she wouldn't have to wait too long...