A Lovers Death

Disclaimer:

Peter use to date Gwen Stacey, just after Ben died, she died in a car crash along with her mother. Peter is now 17, so it would be 3, almost 4 years since her death. Peter never told the team about what happened. The rouges are back and have signed a deal on their terms with the UN. Peter is an Avenger, newly though. No-one knows why Peter is acting they way he is until they find out the truth.

///

It had been an odd week for the team. Anytime Peter had come home he hadn't been in such a great mood. He was more quite than usual. Tony had come into the lounge the other day and Peter would usually jump at the chance to work with him but Peter didn't even react. He just mumbled and walked with a sigh out of the room. 

Everyone was confused. Peter had always been a happy go lucky kid, but recently he was just...quite. 

Nothing more, nothing less.

He spent most of his time in his room at the compound. He'd moved in not too long ago since if the team needed him, he'd have to be there. Fury insisted on it.

He sat at his desk doing homework like usual even though he absolutely hated it and just wanted to either fall asleep or go for a very, very long run and never look back. 

He looked down at the time on his phone as he opened his eyes back up. It was 5:24 pm. He couldn't sit there anymore and just try and remove him own mind from his body. 

He spun around on his chair standing up and placing his shoes on his feet. He quickly picked up his jacket and placed his coat over his arm before walking out of his room, closing the door behind him. 

The team were all sat in the lounge in silence, most having a wondering expression on their face since they had been trying to find out what was up with Peter. 

"Can't we just ask him?" Bucky asked

"No." Natasha, Steve and Tony all answered in sync. 

"Why not?" Bucky asked

"Because, if we do he'll start acting...normal and won't actually tell us what's wrong." Natasha told him.

That was when Sam looked up and saw Peter pass the door without saying anything.

"Or we could just follow him?" Sam suggested 

"What do you mean follow him?" Steve asked

Sam pointed towards the door, "He's just gone into the lift, wherever he's going it's got to be somewhere important."

As they all contemplated it, they decided on following him, their curiosity taking over.

Quickly grabbing their coats, they headed out in two separate cars. Tony tracked Peter's phone so they knew where they would be going. After 15 minutes they came to the edge of town. It was really quite and there weren't many people here. They parked the cars up watching Peter walk into...a grave yard?

"Wait, hold on a second" Steve told them as they stood outside of their cars. Whatever Peter was doing it was obviously personal, but at the same time, why didn't he tell them?

Peter walked into the grave-site, walking down a couple of paths before coming to his stop.

Gwen Stacy

Loving daughter, girlfriend and family member

A small quote rested on her grave in italics, No matter how buried it gets, or how lost you feel, you must promise me that you will hold on to hope.